Get ready to have your dancefloor world rocked, because Party Favorz is back with the second volume of the Junior Vasquez Legacy edition. It’s nothing short of an earth-shattering tribute that dives deep into the prodigious career of this industry titan. Volume 2 is particularly focused on the late ’80s through the present day, capturing the essence of Junior Vasquez’s meteoric rise during the ’90s and early millennium.
Two anthems demand your attention. Barbara Tucker’s “Love’s On Time” starts as a as a spoken word motherly advice backed by a gospel choir before building into a massive, gay anthem, encapsulating the hope that love arrives just when you need it. On the other hand, Jennifer Holliday’s “And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going” is the quintessential gay anthem, combining Holliday’s sky-high vocals with a message of defiant resilience—echoing sentiments deeply rooted in the LGBTQ+ community. Junior’s mastery transforms these tracks, not merely remixing them, but elevating them into unforgettable experiences.
This volume also serves up Junior’s unforgettable reimaginings for the incomparable Mary J. Blige and Billie Ray Martin. His version of “Your Child” takes Blige’s soulful vocals to new heights, while “Your Loving Arms” completely redefines the original, turning it into a dancefloor anthem that has stood the test of time.
Of course, it would be a disservice not to mention his work with the infallible Whitney Houston, an artist who needs no introduction. Both “Greatest Love of All” and “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” are transformed into uplifiting dance hits that honor the late diva while ensuring that her voice still reigns supreme on the dancefloor.
And then we have Kristine W and her track “Feel What You Want,” another example of how Junior has the exceptional ability to inject his own DNA into a song while respecting the essence of the original. Let’s not forget his self-referential “If Madonna Calls,” a track that put him on the outs with the DIVA who eventually sidelined him in favor of other DJs in our legacy series, and Nelly Furtado’s “I’m Like A Bird,” which Junior turned from a quicklypop song into a massive dance club hit.
Finally, Cyndi Lauper’s “True Colors” receives a Pride-worthy remix from Junior, perfectly capturing the spirit of the original while giving it an injection of pure dance energy. If you haven’t caught on yet, Junior Vasquez was the ultimate purveyor of gay anthems to our community and we are forever indedbted to him.
In creating this second volume, our intent was to showcase the range and diversity of Junior Vasquez’s decades-long career. From working with divas to music legends and underground artists, he has left an indelible mark on the dance music landscape. The tracks in this set merely scratch the surface, yet they speak volumes about his extraordinary skill and influence.
So, let this tribute stand as a testament to Junior Vasquez’s unparalleled artistry. We hope that we’ve done this living legend and his monumental legacy justice.
Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album : Junior Vasquez Legacy vol. 2
Genre : Circuit, Tribal, House Music
Year : 2020
Total Time : 2:39:11
1. Barbara Tucker – Love’s On Time (Junior’s Remix)
2. Lisa Stansfield – All Around The World (Junior’s Earth Anthem)
3. Janet Jackson – Runaway (Junior’s Factory Mix)
4. Rosabel feat. Jennifer Holliday – And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going (Junior’s Earth Mix)
5. Mary J. Blige – Your Child (Junior’s Remix)
6. Funky Green Dogs – Rise Up (Junior’s Earth Anthem)
7. Angel Moraes – The Cure (Junior’s Mix)
8. Amber – This Is Your Night (Junior’s Sunday Night Bump Mix)
9. Billie Ray Martin – Your Loving Arms (Junior’s Peak Hour Twirler Mix)
10. Whitney Houston – Greatest Love Of All (Junior’s Club Mix)
11. Gloria Estefan – Higher (Juniors 12” Club Mix)
12. Justin Timberlake – Rock Your Body (Junior’s Club Anthem)
13. Barbra Streisand – Night Of My Life (Junior’s Roxy Anthem Mix)
14. Beyoncé – Krazy In Luv (Junior’s Mix)
15. Kristine W – Feel What You Want (Junior’s NY Xtended Vocal)
16. Everything But The Girl – Missing (Junior’s Marathon Mix)
17. Livin’ Joy – Don’t Stop Movin’ (Junior’s Arena Anthem Mix)
18. Ace Of Base – Beautiful Life (Junior’s’ Circuit Bump Mix)
19. Junior’s – If Madonna Calls (JR’s House Mix)
20. 2 In A Room – Take Me Away (Junior’s Remix)
21. Shades Of Love – Body To Body [Keep In Touch] (Junior’s Club Mix)
22. Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Junior’s Happy Handbag Mix)
23. Elton John – Your Song (Junior’s Remix)
24. Shannon – Let The Music Play (Junior’s X-Beat Mix)
25. Juliet Roberts – I Want You (Junior’s 98 DMC Mix)
26. Nelly Furtado – I’m Like A Bird (Junior’s Club Remix)
27. Cyndi Lauper – True Colors (Junior’s Gay Pride Mix)