First, I need to let everyone know that I changed out volume one of this mix. I was working on the final track list for the last two volumes and realized that Anny’s ‘White Lipstick Girl’ was on the first set when it wasn’t supposed to be. I had previously caught it when I was previewing the mix and wondered why the transition clashed. When I went back and looked at it, I realized it was in a totally different key and I had swapped it out for the Craig J version, which I didn’t plan on using. Anywho, I’ve since removed it from the mix and everything flowed much better. It will show up where it belongs on the last mix. Sorry for the confusion.
Moving on, we start things off with the mammoth trance anthem by Perpetuous Dreamer ‘The Sound of Goodbye’. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m not a huge trance fan, but there was no escaping this undeniably catchy big room tune. For the most part, this mix is pretty dark but delicious at the same time. Some of the biggest anthems of the year are included here. Songs like ‘At the End’ Iio’s follow-up to massive ‘Rapture’, Suzanne Palmer’s ‘Show Me’, Deborah Cox’s ‘Mr. Lonely’ and Kristine W’s ‘Some Lovin’ were all massive club hits in 2002. Equally, ‘Body’ (Reach Out)’ by Faith Trent was huge and signaled the beginning of a successful run on mixes by Wide Life. Then, of course, we have the radio flop of ‘Alive’ by Jennifer Lopez, where Thunderpuss did an amazing job of retrofitting the song for the floor, turning it into a stunning house number. And who could forget the unlikely Thunderpuss re-work of the very young and talented Charlotte Church’s rendition of the ‘Tonight’ from ‘West Side Story’. Pound for pound and note for note, these songs still stack up.
Having the opportunity to go through all these songs from 2002 really brings back some great memories. I’ve got to say there is something for everyone spread out over all six mixes and I look forward to bringing the rest of them to you throughout the week. Needless to say, I’ll be back tomorrow with volume three. Until then…enjoy!
Album : Year-End Edition 2002 | volume 2
Genre : Circuit, House, Progressive
Year : 2002
Total Time : 1:19:56:00
1. The Sound Of Goodbye (Armand Van Buren’s Rising Star Remix) – Perpetuous Dreamer
2. At The End (Scumfrog Remix) – iiO
3. Show Me (Michael T.Diamond Club Mix) – Suzanne Palmer
4. That Sound (Original Club Mix) – Rosabel
5. Shifter (Roger Sanchez Mix) – Timo Maas
6. Irresistible! (Mouth-Watering Mix) – Superchumbo
7. Body (Reach Out) (Wide Life Club Mix) – Faith Trent
8. Alive (Thunderpuss Club Mix) – Jennifer Lopez
9. Tonight (Thunderpuss Extended Mix) – Charlotte Church
10. Let Ya Have It (Guido’s Original Mix) – Michael M
11. Full Moon (Manny Lehman Pride Club Mix) – Brandy
12. Mr. Lonely (Hex Hector & Mac Quayle Main Club Mix) – Deborah Cox
13. Some Lovin’ (Peter Rauhofer Reconstruction Mix) – Murk vs. Kristine W