2007 was a transformative year for dance music, and its evolution is best demonstrated by the Top Dance Songs of 2007. This year, dance floors across the world pulsated with tracks from seasoned artists as well as fresh faces, reflecting a myriad of styles and sounds.
Among the Top Dance Songs of 2007, the charismatic collaboration of Todd Terry Allstars and Tara McDonald with “Get Down” (Warren Clarke Club Mix) kicked off the year with a stunning union of rhythmic beats and vivacious vocals. It was a dance anthem that set the pace for the tracks to come, marrying rhythm and energy in an electrifying combination.
Alexander O’Neal’s “Saturday Love” (Soulshaker Club Mix) and Charlean Dance’s “Mr. DJ” (Moto Blanco Remix) sustained this tempo with their soulful deliveries, further reinforcing 2007 as a year of rhythmic indulgence. The Soulshaker Club Mix of O’Neal’s song was particularly notable for its ingenious remix that refreshed a classic while maintaining its original allure.
Roisin Murphy’s “Overpowered” (Seamus Haji Remix) made a significant impact on the scene as well, integrating a distinct electronic vibe into the year’s top dance tracks. The eclectic blend of soulful lyrics and pulsating beats made it a standout among the Top Dance Songs of 2007.
Bliss Inc.’s collaboration with Carlotta Chadwick for “Faith” (7th Heaven Remix) marked a momentous return to uplifting, inspirational dance music. This track, along with Sean Biddle’s “Get Up ‘n’ Dance” (Alex Romano Remix), encouraged listeners to find joy and motivation on the dance floor, reminding us of the transformative power of dance music.
Perhaps one of the most unexpected gems among the Top Dance Songs of 2007 was “Sexual Healing” (Freemasons Club Mix) by Alibi vs. Rockefeller. This modern interpretation of a classic song showcased the versatility and adaptability of dance music, skillfully incorporating a beloved melody into a new, dance-friendly context.
Overall, the Top Dance Songs of 2007 illustrate a year of evolution and vibrancy within the world of dance music. They encapsulate a time when the genre was expanding, embracing new influences, and reaching out to a broader audience. The year’s best tracks demonstrated an extraordinary blend of innovation, respect for the past, and a deep love for the infectious energy of dance music. As we look back on these tunes, we are reminded of the enduring power of rhythm, melody, and the human spirit to inspire and connect us on the dance floor and beyond.
Album : Deep & Funky 2007 pt. 1 | Expanded and Remastered
Genre : Funky House Music
Year : 2017
Total Time : 02:14:16
1. Todd Terry Allstars feat. Tara McDonald – Get Down (Warren Clarke Club Mix)
2. Alexander O’Neal – Saturday Love (Soulshaker Club Mix)
3. Charlean Dance – Mr. DJ (Moto Blanco Remix)
4. Roisin Murphy – Overpowered (Seamus Haji Remix)
5. Quentin Harris feat. Margaret Grace – My Joy (Harry Choo Choo Romero Vocal Remix)
6. Ian Oliver feat. Shantel – Bucovina (Ian Oliver’s Clubovina Mix)
7. Dawn Tallman – Save a Place on the Dance Floor for Me (Junior Vasquez World Mix Show Edit)
8. Sunfreakz feat. Andrea Britton – Counting Down The Days (Original Extended Vocal Mix)
9. Samantha James – Rise (Eric Kupper Remix)
10. Georgie Porgie – Lift Your Voices (Wideboys Anthemic Club Mix)
11. Speakerbox – Time (Wideboys Club Mix)
12. Rihanna – Push Up On Me (Moto Blanco Club Mix)
13. Bliss Inc. feat. Carlotta Chadwick – Faith (7th Heaven Remix)
14. Sean Biddle – Get Up ‘n’ Dance (Alex Romano Remix)
15. Montoja feat. Miss Chianty – Love Comes Over Me (Original)
16. Ultra DJ’s feat. TQ – Must Be The Music (Montoja Remix)
17. Barbara Tucker – Love Vibrations (Josh Harris Club Mix)
18. Alibi vs. Rockefeller – Sexual Healing (Freemasons Club Mix)
19. Candy Williams feat. Whiteside – Move On Up (Niko De Luka & Brown Sugar Remix)
20. Starchaser feat. Shena – Let Your Mind Go (Orginal Mix)
21. The Wideboys feat. Clare Evers – Bomb The Secret (Moto Blanco Club Mix)
22. Sphinx feat. Sabrina Johnston – What Hope Have I (7th Heaven Mirrorball Mix)