Holy Cow! Dance Club music is FINALLY transitioning back to its original purpose with some of the most fantastic tracks pouring out. It became readily clear to me when I was mixing Candy Crush in January that the music selection is abnormally good for this time of year and has continued the trend with Winter EDM Sessions. I can’t explain it other than the amount of diversity in releases and genres, spot-on vocals, and generally toe-tapping, finger-snapping, booty-shaking ear candy that I can blare through my car speakers while going 70 mph down highway 85 (not recommended for inexperienced drivers and those averse to getting ticketed). Then again, it helps when spring arrives early and many of the songs lend themselves to top contenders for summer hits.
Speaking of summer, Tom Keller’s “Everybody Knows My Name” was released in mid-December of last year. I immediately fell in love with the song but felt the summer vibes were not a good fit for its early release, so I sat on it. There are a wide variety of mixes included with the release. I relented and used the Felipe Angel big room remix on the Winter Edition pt. 1 in January and am now pushing the original version in this set. Why? Because I believe in this track and think it has the potential to be a summer sleeper hit. I’ve also scheduled the Chat Noir remix for the upcoming chill set I’ve got planned. You can stream these tracks now on Spotify. The minute you hear the jangly guitar, you’re gonna be hooked!
This entire set is packed (literally) with a ton of floor scorchers. Some are currently climbing Billboard’s Club Dance chart, while others are waiting their turn. Azure’s “Too Late” and Dua Lipa’s latest “IDGAF” go hand in hand and are modern-day versions of “I Will Survive.” Keala Settle’s “This Is Me” is an empowering track from the musical “The Greatest Showman” while Rita Ora’s “Anywhere” is yet another gem from the gifted singer who frankly is getting the shaft at Top 40 despite her knack for working with stellar DJ’s, writers and producers and impeccable vocals.
Zedd’s “The Middle” needs no introduction because it’s already blowing up everywhere. Dominique Young Unique’s “Karate” is one to watch. The Hoxton Whores deliver a fresh mainstream tech-house remix that fits well with her fast sexy delivery. 90’s alternative hero Beck is back with the summer jam “Up All Night” in what is quite possibly his most accessible track in a while. The feel-good nature of the song will have you up on your feet the minute he dips into the verse.
Troye Sivan’s latest “My My My” gets the Barry Harris treatment and what a stellar remix! Once again, it’s got summer written all over it as Harris turns it into an uplifting house track. Speaking of Barry Harris; He practically saved Justin Timberlake’s “Filthy” with his dirty grunge trap mix making you forget this is basically Sexy Back part two. Party Favorz is a huge fan of Justin but it’s time for him to branch out. Perhaps some new production partners? I’m not the only one saying it so don’t hate on me.
Finally, the next Billboard number one is going to come from Basstoy (a.k.a. Mark Pichiotti) and the rework of his 1999 hit “Runnin” with Dana Divine. We’ve got the slamming Dave Aude “2014” remix here but be on the lookout for the super HOT MSC remix as well. I see even bigger things for this song the second time around.
Finally, the Winter EDM Sessions feels more like a Spring Break mix than some meandering dark semi-hit set from the recent past. Given the current political climate, maybe that’s just what we need to unwind. I’ve noticed that Disco Dust, released in November, has consistently remained in the top ten on this site, which indicates that many of you have an itch. The good news is that I’ll be back next week to scratch it [grin]. Until then…ENJOY!
Album: Winter EDM Sessions
Genre: EDM, House, Club, Dance
Total Time: 02:07:02
- EJ – I Don’t Know (StoneBridge & Damien Hall Epic Mix)
- Azure – Too Late (Dave Aude Extended Remix)
- Charlie Puth – How Long (EDX’s Dubai Skyline Extended)
- Dua Lipa – IDGAF (Charlie Lane & Jason Reilly Remix)
- JoAnna Michelle – Blaze The Dance Floor (Josh Harris Club)
- Arlissa & Jonas Blue – Hearts Aint Gonna Lie (Billon Remix)
- Keala Settle & The Greatest Showman Ensemble – This Is Me (Dave Aude Extended)
- Rita Ora – Anywhere (Charlie Lane Remix)
- Jax Jones feat. Ina Wroldsen – Breathe (Extended Club Mix)
- Tom Keller – Everybody Knows My Name (Extended Mix)
- Dominique Young Unique – Karate (Hoxton Whores & James Hurr Remix)
- Zedd feat. Maren Morris & Grey – The Middle (Barry Harris Remix)
- Hayley Kiyoko – Curious (Gozzi Remix)
- OBB – Mona Lisa (Dave Aude Extended Remix)
- Hazers – Drive (Binkie Remix)
- The Weeknd & Kendrick Lamar – Pray For Me (Barry Harris House Mix)
- Beck – Up All Night (Nathan Jain Remix)
- Troye Sivan – My My My (Barry Harris Mix)
- Gerina feat. Nomad – Remedy (Dave Matthias Alternate Club Remix)
- Dave Aude feat. King Brown – Perfect To Me (Dirty Werk Club Mix)
- Oliver Heldens feat. Danny Shah – What the Funk (Steve Aoki Remix)
- Justin Timberlake – Filthy (Barry Harris Club Enhanced)
- Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me (Barry Harris Remix)
- BASSTOY feat. Dana Divine – Runnin (Dave Aude 2014 Club)
- Bruno Mars feat. Cardi B – Finesse (Pink Panda Remix)
- Maroon 5 – Wait (Chromeo Remix)
- Joe Bermudez feat. Louise Carver – Crazy Enough (eSQUIRE Remix)
- Diplo feat. Mø – Get It Right (Tony Romera Remix)
- Gryffin – Nobody Compares To You (BUNT Remix)
- Drake – God’s Plan (Thoreau Rework)