Party Favorz is back with our latest Peak Hour mix that’s bound to have many of you salivating. This set continually evolved until the right mix of tracks were released to meet the high standards this podcast strives for.
For the most part, Come Together leans heavily into Tech House with a generous side portion of dark House Music. We threw in a couple of dreamy Breaks tracks (Franky Wah’s “Come Together” and Sub Focus & Wilkinson’s “Just Hold On”) to open and close the set and added only one techno and progressive house song.
A LOT OF CLASSIC SONGS BEING SAMPLED
There are a litany of classic Disco, 90’s House and even pop songs that are sampled in this set. So many, that it would take forever to point them all out to you. Some, you’ll pick up straight away, while others will sound familiar but you can’t quite put your finger on them. No matter — it’s all good.
THE REMAKE OF A CLASSIC TRACK
Perhaps the biggest song of at the moment is the PAX remake of the Rui Da Silva (featuring Cassandra) early millennium classic “Touch Me.” It took awhile for me to really appreciate it as the vocals kept throwing me off. Cassandra had this distinctive rasp in her voice that really gave the original its deep, dark, and sexy appeal. In fact, the original was so well done that it would fit nicely in any set today and no one would none the wiser that its 20 years old.
However, the version on YouTube that has over 31 million views is considerably faster than the original, which ruins the whole song. So, I’ll show the PAX version since it’s still stellar and what’s included here:
In short, I kept this set tight and mashed-up a lot of the transitions to keep the flow moving. That’s not really your concern but just know that this is one set that should keep the party moving until the next release.
DIVA HALL OF FAME COMING SOON
Speaking of which, I think it’s time for some new Diva Hall of Fame inductees. There are a ton of new leading ladies that are making a name for themselves and some that should have been inducted awhile ago. Not sure how many I’ll get to and in what order but I’ve got some special ones y’all are gonna really like. Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album: Come Together
Genre: Tech House, House Music, Breaks
1. Franky Wah – Come Together (Extended Mix)
2. Ben Rainey & Felix Leiter – Good Times (Original Mix)
3. Daniel Stefanik – Deep Inside (Andrea Oliva Remix)
4. Martin Ikin – Good Feelings (Original Mix)
5. John Summit – Forgotten One (Original Mix)
6. Croatia Squad – The Vibe (Extended Mix)
7. D’YOR – Freshhh! (Extended Mix)
8. Tenacious – Rabbit Hole (Original Mix)
9. John Julius Knight & DJ Roland Clark – This Is House (Marco Lys Extended Remix)
10. Boris Brejcha – Cocoloco (Original Mix)
11. SWACQ – Pow! (Extended Mix)
12. Miishu & Seelo – Funky Sound (Original Mix)
13. Sonny Fodera & Dom Dolla – Moving Blind (Extended Mix)
14. Guz – U Got My Love (Extended Mix)
15. Diego Lima & Mercurio – No Down (Original Mix)
16. Iglesias – Blah (Extended Mix)
17. Todd Terry x Louie Vega feat. D’borah – Keep Pumping It Up (Club Mix)
18. Ilary Montanari – I Like It (Original Mix)
19. Juliet Sikora – Keep On Fire (Original Mix)
20. Chris Lake – I Remember (Extended Mix)
21. DJ Lora – Imagination (Original Mix)
22. PAX & Rui Da Silva – Touch Me (PAX & Rui Da Silva Extended Version)
23. Mark James – Golden (Original Mix)
24. Sweetpower – Phenomenon (Original Mix)
25. Ben Rainey & Goody – Bad Habit (Extended Mix)
26. Qubiko – The Light (Original Mix)
27. John Summit – Deep End (Extended Mix)
28. Technotronic – Pump Up The Jam (NightFunk Remix)
29. Moreno Pezzolato – Sing It Back (Extended Mix)
30. Sub Focus & Wilkinson – Just Hold On (Original Mix)