Happy Friday! Thought I’d throw everyone for a loop and sneak this one out on ya [grin]. Previously, I had indicated the next EDM set wouldn’t be out until October, but after working on the Summer XO, Mixtape and Millennial House Classics, I decided I needed a new frame of mind with a little more edge. Okay, a lot more edge LOL.
This latest edition of the EDM Sessions is jammed packed with smoking tunes with a hefty portion coming from bootlegs. Hailing from Spain, Jad Desenchannetee kicks it off with his Dave Aude mashup of Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off.” I have never been a fan of Miss Swift but her latest single (coupled with the self-deprecating video) is a bouncy throwback to the 60s and frankly just a lot of fun. With no official remixes for her hit, Jad’s mashup hits all the right notes and frankly, you don’t really need any more than this. His intuitions are so good, I also picked up his mashup of Meghan Trainor’s mega-catchy hit “All About the Bass.”
Speaking about the bass, what the hell is going on with all these songs about plump juicy peaches? You got Nicki’s x-rated hit “Anaconda,” which heavily samples the 90s hit “Baby Got Back,” J-Lo and Iggy have a duet out along those lines and even our girl Erika Jayne who is back with her next number one PAINKILLER, though that song has nothing to do about the bass, but her cover art for the single sure does LOL. I never even realized Erika had so much going on but honey BRING IT!
Disclosure’s “Latch” featuring Sam Smith has been a massive hit but never serviced any proper mixes (likely because it’s perfect all by itself). That didn’t stop a multitude of DJs from trying their best to remix it. Sadly, all but two were an epic fail. Early out of the winner’s gate is Norman Doray and his massive electro-house interpretation but the hands-down winner goes to the Lost Kings who manage to really hit the sweet spot. If you haven’t heard their version yet, head on over to their SoundCloud page and check it out, it’s a real treat.
Following up on his massive “Summer” hit, Calvin Harris honors us with another shining electro-pop gem and in true fashion only gives us a radio edit and no remixes (though they usually drop a month or so later). Several folks have already attempted their own take and I was about to give up on it until DJ Tombs’ remix made it across my desk. Holy SHIT is this remix good! I gotta tell ya, out of all the crap covers you hear from bootlegs there will always be someone who treats a song with TLC and just nails it! Just to be clear, I ain’t ragging on all you folks giving it your best; keep at it and you will get better. Hell, just ask Drew G, cause his Dirty Pop Deconstruction of Ariana Grande’s “Break Free” gives Zedd a run for his money.
After last year’s global phenom as a featured vocalist on Macklemore’s “Same Love,” Mary Lambert drops a little confessional gem on us with “Secrets.” The song embraces life’s imperfections and puts it out there for the whole world. She’s got bipolar disorder, her family is dysfunctional and all I can say is, welcome to the fucking club sweetie LOL. The fact that she can wrap this all up in a tidy little bounce and Jump Smokers really punctuate the elation in their remix makes the song even more fun and worthwhile.
Finally, Jessie J and friends (Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj) recreate “Lady Marmalade” for the new millennium. Think Christina Aguilera, Lil Kim, P!nk (without Mya) and “Bang Bang” delivers the goods. The UK’s Disco Suckz churns out a real banger (pun intended) with his remix, which guarantees a packed floor the minute the DJ drops this in the middle of a set.
That’s all I got for the weekend but it should be more than enough; at least until my next set of releases [grin]. I won’t make any promises as to what or when because I seldom keep them so just make sure you follow Party Favorz through any of the myriad social outlets I’m currently residing on. Hope everyone is gonna have a fantastic weekend. Until the next time …ENJOY!
Album : EDM Sessions 9-2KXIV
Genre : EDM, Electro, Progressive
Year : 2014
Total Time : 01:36:04
1. Taylor Swift – Shake It Off (Jad Desenchanntee vs. Dave Aude Remix)
2. Fantine – Reservation for Two (Cosmic Dawn and BTS Club Remix)
3. Basement Jaxx – Never Say Never (Tiesto & Moti Remix)
4. Meghan Trainor – All About That Bass (Jad Desenchanntee vs. Dave Aude Remix)
5. R3hab & NERVO feat. Ayah Marar – Ready for the Weekend (Original)
6. Maroon 5 – Maps (Papercha$er Remix)
7. Nicki Minaj – Anaconda (Dirty Pop Deconstruction)
8. MAGIC! – Rude (Zedd Extended Remix)
9. Manufactured Superstars feat. Jarvis Church – Stay (Original Mix)
10. Disclosure feat. Sam Smith – Latch (Lost Kings Remix)
11. Erika Jayne – PAINKILLR (Cole Plante Remix)
12. Iggy Azalea feat. Rita Ora – Black Widow (Dem Slackers Extended Mix)
13. The Chainsmokers feat. Siren – Kanye (Club Mix)
14. Calvin Harris feat. John Newman – Blame (Tombs Remix)
15. Kiesza – Hideaway (Dzeko & Torres Remix)
16. Stafford Brothers & Eva Simons – This Girl (Tom Swoon Remix)
17. Alesso – Tear The Roof Up (Extended Mix)
18. Ariana Grande – Break Free (Dirty Pop Deconstruction)
19. Cash Cash – Overtime (Vicetone Remix)
20. Mary Lambert feat. B.o.B – Secrets (Jump Smokers Extended Remix)
21. Jessie J with Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang (Disco Suckz Remix)