So I get up early this morning as normal and head on over to pay a visit to Ian, the Starbucks hottie that works the drive-thru. Considering we are deep into summer, the morning was unusually crisp and cool as if it were early fall. Mind you I’m not complaining, but I did think it was a bit odd. I digress.
Capping off the Epic Circuit Anthems series, the aptly titled Strict Machine serves up more big room drama that heated up dance floors from years past. If there were one song that was eponymous to epic, that would definitely be Paula Cole’s “I Believe in Love.” Clocking in at 14 minutes, this one song pretty much had it all; soaring diva vocals, massive heart-pounding beats that slowly build into the ultimate orgasm, and DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA. To this day, I’ve never been able to find the perfect copy of this song and am convinced the over-compression used by Jonathan Peters was intentional. I went back and tried to temper the song the best I could, but you will notice a little rumbling when it hits a couple of peaks within the song. Regardless, the overall quality is very good.
The other massive title included here is Kim English’s “Unspeakable Joy.” We owe a great deal of gratitude for Razor ‘n’ Guido’s big room production of this uplifting anthem. This song had more drops than a twenty-dollar trick on a good night. In retrospect, it may have been slightly over the top, so I went back and tightened up the mix. By cutting out some of the unnecessary drops, it makes those that remain more eagerly anticipated as opposed to just something you expect every minute or so over the course of the song.
In a few months, I’ll go back and gauge the response to these sets and pour through the numbers. If they’re good, I’ll be sending more of these up at a later date. If not, then enjoy the last of them. I’m off all day so I’ll be digging right back into the summer EDM set(s) I’m hoping to put next week.
Happy 4th of July to all the US folks and everybody else has a fabulous weekend. Until the next time …ENJOY!
Album : Strict Machine | Epic Circuit Anthems
Genre : Circuit, House
Year : 2014
Total Time : 01:18:35
1. Darren Hayes – Popular (Wayne G Heaven Anthem Mix)
2. Danielle Bollinger – When The Broken Hearted Love Again (Chris Cox Club Mix)
3. Paula Cole – I Believe In Love (Jonathan Peters Anthem Mix)
4. Jennifer Lopez – Alive (Thunderpuss Club Mix)
5. The Pussycat Dolls – Don’t Cha (Ralphi’s Hot Freak 12” Vox Mix)
6. Lamya – Empires (Illicit Siren Mix)
7. Funky Green Dogs – Body (Club 69 Future Mix)
8. Murk vs. Kristine W – Some Lovin’ (Peter Rauhofer Reconstruction Mix)
9. Goldfrapp – Strict Machine (Calderone + Suryanto Mix)
10. Pusaka feat.Thea Austin – You’re The Worst Thing For Me (DJ Irene & Chris Cox Club Mix)
11. Kim English – Unspeakable Joy (Razor ‘n’ Guido Vocal Mix)
12. Whitney Houston – My Love Is Your Love (Jonathan Peters’ Vocal Mixshow)