Party Favorz is back with volume 3 of the Ultimate Collection of the greatest Trash Disco tracks of all time. I’ve been running a bit behind because I noticed after the first volume, some of the transitions were misaligned once exported to file. This tends to be the case when I’m dealing with mixes over 2 hours long and I’ve been performing a multitude of tasks on my computer involving mastering, whether it be automated or manually. I have a super fast computer with an i7 3.2 GHz processor and 32 GB of RAM, so it can handle the workload. However, I find that I frequently need to flush my temp files and reboot the computer to dump the memory to prevent these mistakes from happening. Nevertheless, they still do. I’ll likely need to go back and comb through volume 2 to ensure its integrity.
This shouldn’t be confused with some of the beats sounding like they’re mismatched when in fact they’re not. These are old songs from the days when they used live musicians to create the disco tracks; violins and all. Using today’s technology to align the beats for a DJ friendly transition, makes it easier for folks like me. However, since these songs were created by real persons, timing is always off on the originals, which is where the automated beat correction comes into play. It usually creates a garage type sound that was common in the 90’s when it aligns the beats adding an extra 1/8 to the beat. I like to call these dirty beats.
There is one song by Carol Jiana “Hit ‘N Run Lover” where the entire drums and percussion were so misaligned, you’d think the session players were novices. To fix that entire song, you’d literally need to isolate each sound and then recombine them, which would be time-consuming. I compared the original 12″ with the Digital Visions edit and the same issue persists, even though the actual beats were aligned properly. It’s a great song that’s been reworked a multitude of times over the years, including a new vocal version by Carol herself. If it wasn’t so important to the annals of Disco history, it would not have been included.
Now that I have totally bored you with information you likely don’t care about, it’s time to dive back into the Disco scene. Before we do, I want to thank David B., Ludovic D., Stephane D., David J., Ignacio G., and Paul B. for their donations. A couple of these are duplicates because they donated more than once. Donations are ALWAYS appreciated. Now…ONTO THE MUSIC!
The original Barry Harris remix of “Got To Have Loving” by Don Ray has been replaced with the Digital Visions Re-Edit, which is truer to the original release.
Album: Trash Disco | The Ultimate Collection Vol. 3
- Sister Sledge – Lost In Music (Dimitri From Paris Remix)
- Karen Young – Hot Shot (Joey Negro Sure Shot Mix)
- Linda Clifford – If My Friends Could See Me Now (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
- CJ & Co. – Devil’s Gun (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
- Don Ray – Got To Have Loving (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
- Inner Life – Ain’t No Mountain High Enough (WhiteNoize Remix)
- Donna Summer – I Love You (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
- Gloria Gaynor – Never Can Say Goodbye (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
- Village People – San Francisco [You’ve Got Me] (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
- Chic – Le Freak (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
- Sister Sledge – We Are Family (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
- Peaches & Herb – Shake Your Groove Thing (SanFranDisko Re-Edit)
- A Taste Of Honey – Boogie Oogie Oogie (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
- Earth, Wind & Fire – Let’s Groove (Disco Incorporated Remix)
- Carol Douglas – Doctors Orders (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
- Sister Sledge – Got To Love Somebody (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
- Gary’s Gang – Keep On Dancin’ (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
- Front Page feat. Sharon Redd – Love Insurance (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
- Diana Ross – The Boss (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
- Delegation – Stand Up [Reach For The Sky] (Discotron Edit)
- Michael Zager Band – Let’s All Chant (Hot Classics Remix)
- Gino Soccio – Dancer (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
- Kano – It’s A War (Babert Remix)
- Suzi Lane – Harmony (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
- Chas Jankel – Glad To Know You (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
- The Jacksons – Shake Your Body [Down To The Ground] (Joey Negro Extended Disco Mix)
- Patrice Rushen – Haven’t You Heard (Mikeandtess Boot Edit)
- Voyage – Souvenirs (Tony Mathe Rework)
- Donna Summer – MacArthur Park Suite (DJ Meme Remix of Epic Proportions)
- Boney M – Sunny (Mousse T Sexy Disco Club Nu Vox)