Well, I did it. I just knocked out one of my bucket list items that I’ve been wanting to do for a very long time. That is, creating a comprehensive collection of some of the finest Classic Disco Tracks of all time. Coming in at a whopping 222 tracks and 20h:31m:55s, The Ultimate Collection of Trash Disco is hardly comprehensive, but it comes damn close. Certainly, there are plenty more obscure tracks that DJs would insist on including but I did my best in picking the popular hits along with those tracks that are considered underground classics. I would have had to double the size to be that inclusive.
Take note that the Village People’s “Macho Man” did not make the cut — only because there are literally no edits of this song. It’s likely licensing issues but I can’t be for certain.
As previously mentioned, this final set is the one I was dreading most as it includes tracks with a considerably higher BPM count — which are the hardest ones to mix. There is a lot of heavy percussion in many of the songs — which posed a challenge when mixing. Most notably difficult are, Sylvester’s “(You Make Me Feel) Mighty Real” and France Joli’s “Come To Me.” There are multiple versions of Sylvester’s energy infused classic but the one I chose closes with the acapella over an oddly structured percussion. I can’t think of any song that would work well with it but Edwin Starr’s “H.A.P.P.Y. Radio” came the closest. If it sounds a bit off, it ain’t me.
The same can be said for Joli’s “Come To Me,” which has a heavy percussive drop. It would have mixed well with several songs in this mix, but I had to break somewhere to move in another direction starting with No More Tears (Enough Is Enough), which takes the mix in a more synthesized direction thereafter. It’s difficult to explain. Just know that I did my best and that overall — I am very happy with the set.
That being said, it’s time to move on to other things. I’ve got a special re-induction into the Diva Hall of Fame on tap and may try to work out one last X-Mas Dance Mix — even though I only have one new song (so far). From there, we move onto newer material before closing out the year.
I want to give a HUGE shoutout to Paul B., Patrick Z., and especially Anthony S. for their kind donations. Donations for all the hard work I put into your listening pleasure are ALWAYS welcome and certainly very much appreciated.
Party Favorz will start moving in a new direction this next week. Until then…ENJOY!
Album: Trash Disco | The Ultimate Collection Vol. 7
1. Amii Stewart – Knock On Wood (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
2. Brainstorm – Lovin’ Is Really My Game (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
3. The Weather Girls – It’s Raining Men (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
4. Sylvester – You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) (12″ Ultimix)
5. Edwin Starr – H.A.P.P.Y. Radio (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
6. Arpeggio – Love And Desire (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
7. Musique – In The Bush (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
8. France Joli – Come To Me (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
9. Donna Summer & Barbra Streisand – No More Tears (Enough Is Enough) (Hot Tracks Remix)
10. Patrick Hernandez – Born To Be Alive (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
11. Claudja Barry – Boogie Woogie Dancin’ Shoes (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
12. Machine – There But For The Grace Of God Go I (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
13. Patti Brooks – After Dark (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
14. David Naughton – Makin’ It (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
15. Gonzalez – Haven’t Stopped Dancing Yet (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
16. Earth, Wind, & Fire with The Emotions – Boogie Wonderland (7th Heaven’s Mirrorball Mix)
17. Bonnie Pointer – Heaven Must Have Sent You (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
18. Dazz Band – Let It Whip (Ultimix)
19. Sheila & B. Devotion – Spacer (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
20. ABBA – Voulez-Vous (Extended Remix)
21. La Flavour – Mandolay (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
22. Foxy – Get Off (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
23. Cheryl Lynn – Star Love (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
24. Evelyn “Champagne” King – Shame (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
25. Vicki Sue Robinson – Turn The Beat Around (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
26. Destination – Move On Up (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
27. Kat Mandu – The Break (Digital Visions Re-Edit)
28. Liquid Gold – Dance Yourself Dizzy (7th Heaven Mirrorball Mix)