When you think of David Morales, what springs to mind is an iconic craftsman, a master of stitching beats and emotions into unforgettable dance tracks. After our first foray into his monumental impact on the House Music scene, we’re diving deeper into another dimension of his artistic canvas—melding mainstream hits with his signature house style. Welcome to David Morales Legacy Volume 2, a sonic adventure that uncovers his commercial prowess intertwined with Urban and Latin musical undertones.
Imagine cruising down the highway, and CeCe Peniston’s “Finally” flows through your car speakers. As the Choice Mix orchestrated by Morales envelops you, the experience elevates from mere listening to a musical epiphany. This is no mere remix; it’s a transformation that metamorphoses great songs into iconic anthems that stand the test of time.
What’s remarkable in this volume is Morales’s gift for musical polygamy—marrying diverse genres into unified masterpieces. His work on Lara Fabian’s “I Will Love Again” is a testament to this, taking an emotive ballad and sculpting it into a dancefloor magnet without losing its poignant touch.
On the Urban and Latin side, Morales doesn’t just step into the genres, he leaves footprints. His remix of Heavy D & The Boyz’s “Now That We Found Love” mirrors the late ’90s urban vibe, blending infectious beats with soulful vocals. When it comes to Latin flavor, Morales’s remixes for Gloria Estefan’s hits “Oye Mi Canto (Hear My Voice)” and “Turn the Beat Around” serve as danceable bridges between Latin fire and mainstream appeal.
In the realm of pure pop, Morales’s magic touch is evident in his work with the Spice Girls’ “Spice Up Your Life,” as well as dance anthems like Enrique Iglesias’s “Rhythm Divine” and Technotronic’s “Pump Up The Jam.” Each remix serves as both a throwback and an invitation to new musical experiences, marrying nostalgia with contemporary flair.
The entirety of David Morales Legacy Volume 2 functions as a dynamic history lesson in commercial dance music, all refashioned by one of the genre’s most influential pioneers. Every transition between tracks goes beyond a mere change in tempo—it’s a journey through different eras, cultures, and musical sensibilities, all unified under the genius that is David Morales.
Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album : David Morales | Legacy pt. 2
Genre : House Music
Year : 2017
Total Time : 1:32:42
1. Lisa Stansfield – Someday (I’m Coming Back) (Classic 12” Club Mix)
2. Annie Lennox – Walking On Broken Glass (David Morales Mix)
3. Ce Ce Peniston – Finally (12” Choice Mix)
4. Lara Fabian – I Will Love Again (David Morales Club Mix)
5. Jennifer Paige – Crush (David Morales Club Mix)
6. Yazz – Stand Up For Your Love Rights (David Morales Remix)
7. 2 In A Room – Wiggle It (Def Wiggle Mix)
8. Technotronic – Get Up! (Def Mix)
9. Adventures Of Stevie V – Dirty Cash (Money Talks) (Sold Out Mix)
10. Heavy D & The Boyz – Now That We Found Love (David Morales Mix)
11. Gloria Estefan – Oye Mi Canto (Hear My Voice) (David Morales Def 12” Remix)
12. Spice Girls – Spice Up Your Life (Morales Carnival Club Mix)
13. Gloria Estefan – Turn The Beat Around (Def Classic Mix)
14. Enrique Iglesias – Rhythm Divine (David Morales Club Mix)
15. Technotronic – Pump Up The Jam (David Morales Remix)