Mariah Carey: a name that reverberates across multiple genres and holds a particular gravitas in the world of dance music. Bursting into the limelight in the early ’90s, Mariah’s self-titled debut album was nothing short of a sensation, gifting us four chart-topping hits. Her trajectory faced some turbulence when she left Sony/Columbia for a high-stakes deal with Virgin Records, but any detours only led her back to the path of success, exemplified by her triumphant “Emancipation of Mimi.”
One DJ stands out in particular for his collaborations with Mariah: David Morales. Renowned for getting Mariah to re-record vocals exclusively for his remixes, Morales has been instrumental in translating her iconic voice for club-goers around the globe. A close listen to tracks like “Anytime You Need a Friend” or “Heartbreaker” reveals that Mariah’s work with other DJs like C+C Music Factory and Junior Vasquez also likely features re-recorded vocals—essentially transforming the dance tracks into unique compositions.
Amidst the pounding beats and gospel choirs that are staples of a Morales remixes, Mariah’s vocals achieve a level of emotive power rarely heard on the dance floor. It’s as if you’re transported to a soul-stirring Sunday service, guided by Mariah’s arresting vocal prowess.
In recent years, Mariah’s music has taken a younger, pop-centric turn—seen in her album E=MC²—a direction that seems out of step with her natural vocal brilliance. In an era where new talents like Leona Lewis are gaining ground, Mariah doesn’t need to play catch-up; she already has a timeless allure that many aspire to but few attain.
The playlist that follows is a dynamic tapestry of Mariah’s versatility and vocal magic. From “Emotions” to “We Belong Together,” each song in this over-two-hour set is a tribute to her unparalleled talents. DJs like Peter Rauhofer, Seamus Haji, and Mike Rizzo join the ranks of Morales in crafting mixes that underline why Mariah deserves her Diva Hall of Fame status.
So here’s to Mariah Carey, a true diva whose dance tracks echo across decades, establishing her as an enduring force in music. Party Favorz is thrilled to induct her into the Diva Hall of Fame. Ladies and gentlemen…Miss Mariah Carey!
Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album : Mariah Carey 2009
Genre : Circuit, House
Year : 2009
Total Time : 2:04:54.00
1. Emotions (12″ Club Mix)
2. Can’t Take That Away (Mariah’s Theme) (Morales Club Mix)
3. Heartbreaker (If You Should Ever Be Lonely) (Junior’s Club Mix)
4. Touch My Body (Seamus Haji Club Mix)
5. Fantasy (Def Club Mix)
6. Anytime You Need A Friend (C+C Club Version)
7. It’s Like That (David Morales Classic Mix)
8. Bringin’ On The Heartbreak (Mike Rizzo’s Global Soul Mix Show)
9. Shake It Off (Constantine Club Mix)
10. We Belong Together (Peter Rauhofer Reconstruction Club Mix)
11. Don’t Forget About Us (Tony Moran & Warren Rigg Dance Floor Anthem)
12. Bye Bye (Tony Moran & Warren Rigg Remix)
13. Obsessed (Seamus Haji & Paul Emanuel Club Mix)
14. Dreamlover (Def Club Mix)
15. My All (David Morales Classic Club Mix)
16. Honey (Classic Mix)
17. Butterfly (Meme’s Extended Club Mix)
18. Always Be My Baby (David Morales Always Club Mix)
19. Say Somethin’ (David Morales Stereo Anthem Mix)
20. Loverboy (David Morales Club Of Love Mix)
21. I Stay In Love (Jody Den Broeder House Mix)
22. I Still Believe (Morales’ Classic Club Mix)