Once I made the decision to include a new Deep Edition set into the scorched earth round of mixes, I re-purposed the cover art by creating a new one for yesterday’s Spring Break Edition 2017 and used the original intended for the DANCE series for my new Deep set. So, if you’re a bit confused as to what happened, that’s why.
OMG starts off with those deep, dark delicious beats that we oh so love around here but quickly changes direction. By the time we get to “Live Stream” by Mark Knight & Green Velvet, this set takes on a whole new meaning. With its dark throbbing disco beat set against an industrial background, I just can’t get enough of this song. The song sets the stage for some serious peak-time mayhem that just splatters all over your face like a deep pimple you’ve been squeezing for eternity until it finally relents.
Set to the infamous disco beat of “Funkytown,” Gnarly Davidson’s “Fuck Me I’m Famous” let’s you know this set DOES NOT conform to your expectations. Will Sparks x Orchestrated’s “Crank It Loud” brings back some more progressive house but the unexpected acoustic guitar drop is what really pulls this song together.
That leads us into what is certain to be another number one on the club charts for veteran DJ Stonebridge. He and Lizzie Curious pull off a remake of the classic Olive track “You’re Not Alone” that leaves the original in the dust. I expect BIG things for this song. You heard it here first.
We continue down the deep and progressive track until we get to YonPiu’s mashup of one of Elvis Crespo’s most beloved songs “Suavamente” which turns this into a peak-hour Latin smash and not anything listeners would be expecting in this set.
From there, I swerve off the road into peak-time disco mayhem with DJ Dan’s ode to Prince in “Squissh”. He take’s the massive 80’s hit “Kiss” and chops it into funky house bits creating a massive floor-stomper. Alex Kenji keeps the disco vibe moving with “My Babe” with Me & My Toothbrush doing the remix honors. Funky never sounded so good.
Finally, we move back into the progressive house territory with the latest from Oliver Helden under the pseudonym Hi-LO “The Answer”, Alok & Bhaskar’s Latinesque “Fuego” and a deep rendition of Madonna’s “Vogue” by Ki Creighton & Makanan (Trivial) before closing things out with a little Jack House with Throttle’s ‘Hit the Road Jack” (a cover of the Ray Charles classic from yonder’s ago).
Overall this set has a bit of everything and was intended to keep listeners on their toes. Finding the right songs to achieve this cocktail was no easy feat but the end result was well worth it.
In other news, we are 55% of goal to keep Party Favorz alive and the music flowing. If you haven’t read what’s going on, please take the time to read this post and then consider chipping in to help keep us alive for another year. I promise, it will be worth it.
That’s all I got for this weekend. Just in case things don’t go as planned, I’ll start rolling out some Diva Series next week to ensure we end on a high note.
Album : Oh My Gravy! (OMG) | The 2017 WMC After Party
Genre : Techno, Tech House, Disco, Progressive, Electro
Year : 2017
Total Time : 01:12:38
- Blasterjaxx – Neptune (Extended Mix)
- Curbi – Shinai (Extended Mix)
- Donna Summer & Barbara Streisand – Enough is Enough 2017 (Mindskap Remix)
- Mark Knight, Green Velvet & Rene Amesz – Live Stream (Original Mix)
- Nowder feat. Potrykus – Neon (Original Mix)
- Gnarly Davidson – F_ck Me I’m Famous (Club Killers Twerk Remix Dirty)
- Will Sparks x Orkestrated – Crank It Loud (Original Mix)
- Scotty Boy & Lizzie Curious – You’re Not Alone (StoneBridge & Damien Hall Club Mix)
- Merk & Kremont – Invisible (Original Mix)
- Joe Goddard – Music Is the Answer (Hot Since 82 Remix)
- Deorro feat. Elvis Crespo – Suavemente Bailar (YonaPiu Mashup)
- DJ Dan – Squissh (Original Mix)
- Alex Kenji – My Babe (Me & My Toothbrush Remix)
- HI-LO – The Answer (Oliver Helden’s Extended Edit)
- Alok & Bhaskar – Fuego (Club Mix)
- Ki Creighton & Makanan – Trivial (Original Mix)
- Throttle – Hit The Road Jack (Extended Mix)