Emerging from the German dance scene, Tino Piontek, famously known as Purple Disco Machine, initiated his journey in the dance music realm back in 2009. He caught our ears after we tuned into an episode of HBO’s “Looking.” In a particularly captivating dance scene featuring “Do You Feel the Same” by Hercules & Love Affair, the lead character finds himself engrossed in his boss, who seems to share the sentiment. The moment was electrifying for multiple reasons: not only did my gaydar ping, but the music was so fitting, it sent me down a rabbit hole to identify that irresistible tune.
2018 was nothing short of a milestone year for PDM. He took the iconic ’90s techno gem “Male Stripper” by Man 2 Man and breathed new life into it, layering in legendary vocal samples from Loleatta Holloway. The end result, “Dished (Male Stripper),” became a ubiquitous anthem across clubs, both underground and mainstream, earning itself a guaranteed spot on our annual Top Dance Songs of the Year list.
The remarkable thing about Purple Disco Machine is that you can’t box him into a single genre or style. Instead of being constrained by a recognizable ‘signature,’ he explores the spectrum of dance music. PDM is masterful at tailoring his unique concoction of disco and funk to amplify the essence of any song, making every tune a potential dance floor banger, be it NuDisco, Deep House, Classic House, or even Indie Dance (where he really shines).
Here at Party Favorz, we pride ourselves on curating our Legacy series, not just saluting artists and DJs deceased and alive who have made significant contributions to the world of dance music but we also celebrate artists and DJs on the cusp of mega-stardom. This tribute to PDM is not a farewell; it’s more like a salute to his burgeoning career. The sky’s the limit for this guy, and we anticipate even more sonic brilliance from him in the future.
Raising a toast to Purple Disco Machine for his ever-growing impact on the dance music landscape. We can’t wait to see what else he has in store for us.
Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album: Catching Up with Purple Disco Machine
Genre: NuDisco, Deep House, House Music, Indie Dance
Total Time: 02:18:18
1. My House (Original Mix)
2. YO (Original Mix)
3. Funky Bones (PDM´s Glitterbox Edit) [Chic]
4. This Feeling (PDM Remix) [L’Tric]
5. L.O.V.E. (Original Mix) [with Boris Dlugosch]
6. Do You Feel the Same (PDM Remix) [Hercules & Love Affair]
7. Small Talk (PDM Remix) [Ekkah]
8. Feel My Needs (PDM Extended Mix) [Weiss]
9. Batshit (PDM Remix) [Sofi Tukker]
10. At Night (PDM Extended Mix) [Shakedown]
11. Music In You (David Penn Remix) [feat. Lorenz Rhode]
12. The Future (PDM Remix) [Motez feat. Antony & Cleopatra]
13. Walls (Original Mix)
14. Lola’s Theme Recut (PDM Remix) [The Shapeshifters]
15. Lost In Musique (LOG Mashup) [Sister Sledge Mashup]
16. Let The Music Play (Original Mix) [with Faithless]
17. Encore (Mousse T. Remix) [feat. Baxter]
18. Cloud 9 (PDM Remix) [Jamiroquai]
19. Soul So Sweet (Original Mix)
20. Keep Pushin’ (Purple Disco Machine Vox Mix) [Boris Dlugosch]
21. Body Funk (Original Mix)
22. Dished (Male Stripper) (Extended Mix)
23. Super Duper (PDM Remix) [Hochanstaendig]
24. Juice (PDM Remix) [Chromeo]
25. Inside Out (PDM Disco Edit) [Odyssey]
26. And The Beat Goes On (PDM Edit) [The Whispers]