From being one-half of the legendary remix duo Thunderpuss to forging a successful solo career, DJ Barry Harris has an undeniable impact on the dance music scene that spans decades. As we dive into Volume 2 of our tribute to this music maestro, we explore a series of sensational remixes that showcase his enduring creativity and skill.
Starting off with Calvin Harris and Rihanna’s “This Is What You Came For,” we’re instantly reminded of Barry Harris’s ability to transform a mainstream hit into a pulsating dance-floor magnet. He injects the track with vibrant rhythms and grooves that elevate it from a radio-friendly tune to a club anthem. The same mastery is apparent in Justin Timberlake’s “Can’t Stop The Feeling.” Barry Harris amplifies the song’s upbeat tempo, adding an electrifying depth that makes you want to dance with unabashed joy.
Next, we have another Calvin Harris collaboration, this time featuring Ellie Goulding, titled “Outside.” What’s notable about this particular remix is how he retains the emotive essence of the original while infusing it with a higher BPM and mesmerizing loops. It’s a seamless blend of Harris meeting Harris, if you will.
Now, let’s shift the spotlight to a legend of pop music — Madonna. Barry Harris has applied his golden touch to her songs “Ghosttown (Barry Harris Club Remix)” and “Deeper & Deeper 2K14 (Barry Harris 2k14 Remix).” His version of “Ghosttown” is a hauntingly beautiful rendition that captivates from the first note. For “Deeper & Deeper,” he introduces contemporary beats without sacrificing the original’s iconic vibe, demonstrating how he brings classic tracks into the modern age.
Andra Day’s inspirational hit “Rise Up” is another stunning example of his ability to adapt and contribute to diverse musical genres. The mix adds a rhythmic pulse to the powerful lyrics, encouraging you to both reflect and dance. And who could overlook Beyoncé’s “Freedom (Barry Harris Dirty Bootleg Mix)?” Barry Harris takes the song’s strong thematic elements and amplifies them with percussive layers and energetic beats, making it an empowering dance floor declaration.
What sets Barry Harris apart is his inimitable style; he doesn’t just remix a song, he revives it. He takes each track and embeds his own unique musical DNA into it, which is why Party Favorz is honored to spotlight his work yet again.
In summary, DJ Barry Harris is not just a remixer; he’s a musical storyteller, constantly weaving past and present into an intoxicating blend that stands the test of time. His consistent output suggests a longevity that is still unfolding, leaving us eager for the next chapter. Here’s to many more years of Barry Harris filling our lives with the soundtrack to unforgettable nights.
Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album : DJ Barry Harris Tribute | Red
Genre : Circuit
Year : 2016
Total Time : 01:38:48
1. Jason Dottley & Debbie Holiday – Party Round The World (Barry Harris Vocal Mix)
2. Tamia – Stranger In My House (Barry Harris 2014 Remix)
3. Calvin Harris feat. Rihanna – This Is What You Came For (Barry Harris Mix)
4. Justin Timberlake – Can’t Stop The Feeling (Barry Harris Club Mix)
5. Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding – Outside (Barry Harris House Remix)
6. Madonna – Ghosttown (Barry Harris Club Remix)
7. Alicia Keys – In Common (Barry Harris Mix)
8. Britney Spears – Slave (Barry Harris 2K14 Pumped Up T-Puss Remix)
9. Madonna – Deeper & Deeper 2K14 (Barry Harris 2k14 Remix)
10. Ralphi Rosario feat. Shawn Christopher – Menergy (Barry Harris Club Mix)
11. Donna Summer vs. Whitney Houston – I Feel My Love Is Your Love (Barry Harris Mashup)
12. Company B – Fascinated (Barry Harris 2k15 Club Mix)
13. Janice Robinson – Dreamer 2016 (Barry Harris Pride 2016 Remix)
14. Andra Day – Rise Up (Barry Harris Anthem Club Mix)
15. Kristine W – Love Come Home (Barry Harris Tribal Anthem Remix)
16. Beyonce – Freedom (Barry Harris Dirty Bootleg Mix)