Elena Jane Goulding better known as Ellie Goulding (born 30 December 1986) is an English singer and songwriter. In 2009, she met a couple of record producers picked up a manger and was signed to Polydor records. She released an “extended play” that same year (I’m guessing an EP) and the full-length debut album “Lights” the following year and the rest is history.
Goulding had a fairly normal upbringing and frankly there is nothing remarkable about her early beginnings other than she started writing her own songs in high school at age 15 and likely led a normal life. She does suffer from anxiety and panic attacks but let’s face it — who doesn’t these days.
With so little written about her to the point that most of her story feels like filler — she has had remarkable success as an artist and quickly made that leap from Indie darling to commercial success on a massive scale in virtually a nanosecond.
Nothing but praise
Don’t think I’m dissing on Ellie because I adore this woman and her music. It’s just that it’s rare these days to just kinda fall into a career everyone would dream of without any type of struggle or at least going on some reality singing competition, which seems to be the norm these days. That is unless it’s “The Voice” because nobody ever becomes famous off that long-running show.
Goulding first came to America’s attention with the single “Lights” that reached #2 on the Billboard Top 100. What’s odd is that so many of her hits like “Burn,” “Love Me Like You Do,” “On My Mind,” “First Time,” and “Close To Me” are so memorable on the dancefloor — it’s a wonder they weren’t even bigger hits at radio because these songs are permanently etched into my musical memory.
New album and the road ahead
Other favorites like “Army” is just so perfect that it appears she’s already being pushed into the “old singers” category like so many other millennial’s. “Slow Grenade” (with Lauv) is her latest single from the forthcoming album “Brightest Blue” and a current personal favorite.
Personally, I could see her just doing her own thing by keeping everything on the Indie level and forget chasing after the “youth” market. Many artists of her caliber are still releasing great music but everything is ranked by Spotify, YouTube, and single sales — the latter which are rapidly going out of favor. That leaves the first two to easily manipulate the charts with armies of young fans no matter what Billboard says. She’s a talented woman and I’ll let her sort it out.
For now — Party Favorz is honoring Ms. Goulding with her own induction into the Diva Hall of Fame for her massive contributions to the dance floor. She embraced EDM and House Music early in her career, which likely gave a massive boost to the success of her releases. If you really haven’t dug into her catalog — this is a good place to start and then follow her on Spotify. ENJOY!
Album : Ellie Goulding | The Diva Series
Genre : Dance-Club, House, EDM
Year : 2020
Total Time : 01:52:54
1. Army (Danny Dove Remix)
2. Still Falling For You (Jonas Blue Remix)
3. Ellie Goulding – Flashlight (Cahill Club Mix) [with DJ Fresh]
4. Lights (Geisha Twins Remix)
5. Mama (Tiesto Remix) [with Clean Bandit]
6. Goodness Gracious (Chainsmokers Extended)
7. Flux (Country Club Martini Crew Remix)
8. Something In The Way You Move (The Scene Kings Club Mix)
9. Beating Heart (Cahill Club Mix)
10. Explosions (Staypos Extended Mix)
11. Figure 8 (The Alias Club Mix)
12. Anything Could Happen (Almighty Club Mix)
13. I Need Your Love (Nicky Romero Remix) [with Calvin Harris]
14. On My Mind (Jax Jones Remix)
15. Outside (Barry Harris House Remix) [with Calvin Harris]
16. Sixteen (Colin Jay Remix)
17. Hate Me (R3hab Remix) [and Juice WRLD]
18. Love Me Like You Do (Cosmic Dawn Club Remix)
19. Close To Me (Charlie Lane Remix) [with Diplo and Swae Lee]
20. Starry Eyed (Russ Chimes Remix)
21. Burn (Tiesto Remix)
22. First Time (Callum Knight Club Mix) [with Kygo]
23. Worry About Me (MK Extended Mix) [and Blackbear]
24. Slow Grenade (M+ike Remix) [and Lauv]
25. Your Song (Blackmill Remix)