Emerging on the dance music scene over a decade ago, Germany’s Tino Piontek—better known as Purple Disco Machine—has carved a unique niche for himself in the realm of electronic dance music. An artist who refuses to be pigeonholed, Piontek has managed to remain on the cutting edge while dipping his toes into various sub-genres.
The Purple Disco Machine project first gained traction in 2009, rooted in a distinct Deep Funk-branded Disco House music style. Although the initial journey had its ups and downs, it was the 2013 release of “My House” that marked a turning point. The track topped the Beatport Deep House charts and became a defining moment that signaled his arrival in the mainstream.
Purple Disco Machine’s star really started to soar in 2018. A particular highlight was his ingenious reworking of “Male Stripper” by Man 2 Man called “(Dished) Male Stripper”, that utilized one of many riffs from the iconic Loleatta Holloway. This remix effortlessly blended the camp of the original 90s techno track with a pulsating, contemporary beat, winning acclaim in both underground and mainstream dance clubs. It even earned a spot on our “Top Dance Songs of the Year” series.
Beyond these accomplishments, he’s showcased an exceptional range of adaptability. The artist has worked with a plethora of dance music’s crème de la crème, from Jamiroquai and New Order to Faithless and Claptone. His transformative power as a producer has allowed songs by Hercules & Love Affair, Sigma with Paloma Faith, and even our personal favorite, Shapeshifters, to get a new lease on life on the dance floor.
And it’s not just his older works that keep us intrigued; he’s also turned his creative flair towards newer chart-toppers. From the soulful beats of Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande’s “Rain On Me” to the pulsing energy of Weiss’ “Feel My Needs,” his Midas touch seems to know no bounds. With each collaboration or remix, he reimagines the musical landscape, as seen with The Human League’s “Don’t You Want Me,” Claptone & Mylo’s “Drop The Pressure,” and the latest offering, “Hypnotized,” featuring Sophie & The Giants.
Purple Disco Machine has crafted a unique Funky House style that seamlessly integrates into multiple genres. Far from being pigeonholed, his musical approach works wonders with pop anthems and underground House tracks alike. He has a particular affinity for Indie artists such as Hercules & Love Affair and Sophie & The Giants. This chameleon-like ability allows him to take any track, whether it’s an iconic classic or an overlooked gem, and transform it into an irresistible dance floor magnet. While some may argue that he lacks a ‘signature style,’ this eclectic range is precisely what makes PDM so captivating. Each production he touches—be it NuDisco, Deep House, Classic House, or Indie Dance—emerges reinvigorated, making his music not only hard to categorize but utterly engaging to listen to.
This feature is not intended as a career epitaph but rather a tribute to an artist who is clearly on an upward trajectory. Madonna, if you’re scanning the musical landscape for your next collaborator, you might want to consider this gem of a producer. As for the rest of us, we can’t wait to see where his explorative sonic spirit takes him next.
Cheers to Purple Disco Machine—here’s to a future filled with more foot-stomping, booty-shaking, crowd-pleasing magic!
Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album: Catching Up with Purple Disco Machine
Genre: Disco House, NuDisco, Indie Dance
Total Time: 03:22:46
1. Exotica (Club Mix) [with Mind Enterprises]
2. Purple Disco Maschine – L.O.V.E (Mixshow Edit) [with Boris Dlugosch]
3. My House (Original Mix)
4. Do You Feel the Same [Hercules & Love Affair]
5. Yo! (Original Mix)
6. Giant [Calvin Harris & Rag ‘N’ Bone Man]
7. Rain On Me [Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande]
8. Feel My Needs (Extended Mix) [Weiss]
9. Joys (Extended Remix) [Roberto Surace]
10. All I Want (Extended Remix) [Boys Noize feat. Jake Shears]
11. Dished (Male Stripper) (Extended Mix)
12. Praise You 2019 (Extended Remix) [FatBoy Slim]
13. Ocean Drive (Extended Mix) [Duke Dumont]
14. Showbiz [Yuksek feat. Villa]
15. At Night (Extended Remix) [Shakedown]
16. Playbox (Extended Mix)
17. Menergy (Extended Remix) [Patrick Cowley & Sylvester]
18. Up & Down (Original Mix) [feat. Lorenz Rhode]
19. Emotion (Extended Mix)
20. Musique (Original Mix)
21. The Future [Motez feat. Antony & Cleopatra]
22. On My Mind [Diplo & SIDEPIECE]
23. And The Beat Goes On [The Whispers]
24. Cloud 9 [Jamiroquai]
25. London Headache [Anabel Englund]
26. Magic [Kylie Minogue]
27. Groovejet (If This Ain’t Love) [Spiller feat. Sophie Ellis-Bextor]
28. Dua Lipa & Body Funk vs. Physical [Barry Harris Mashup]
29. Don’t You Want Me (Extended Remix) [The Human League]
30. Drop The Pressure [Claptone & Mylo]
31. In My Arms (Extended)
32. Dopamine (Extended Mix) [feat. Eyelar]
33. Don’t Start Now [Dua Lipa]
34. Let The Sun Shine (Extended Remix) [Milk & Sugar]
35. Fireworks (Extended Mix) [Moss Kena & The Knocks]
36. Hypnotized (Extended Mix) [feat. Sophie & The Giants]