And the 90’s House Classics just keep on rolllin’! Surrender Yourself is chalk-full of classic house music favorites but also has what I like to call the early incarnations of that circuit sound. The Junior Vasquez remix of Body To Body (Keep In Touch) by Shades of Love and Soul Solutions remix of Changes by So Pure reflect the tribal beats that evolved into today’s modern-day circuit house music.
Changes is one of Soul Solution’s earliest remixes and frankly was a bit of a mess, so I re-edited it to tighten the sloppy drop and give it more cohesion. These guys (Bobby Guy and Ernie Lake) were on a roll at a time when the DJ’s were becoming defacto superstars in their own right. Because of a label dispute that owned their name, they eventually dissolved paving the way for Hex Hector (who they had previously worked with) to pick up the slack and go on to be one of the biggest and brightest stars coming out of the 90’s.
Because of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday or as they call it in the UK Thursday, I will be releasing the final version of this House Classics series tomorrow. Also, keep in mind I’ve got a ton of stuff dropping over the course of the next two weeks so be sure to pay close attention to this site because they will be coming out in rapid succession.
Album: Surrender Yourself | 90’s House Classics pt. 9
Genre: House Music
Total Time: 1:24:23
1. The Reese Project – The Color Of Love (Underground Resistance Club Mix)
2. Meechie – You Bring Me Joy (Mo’s Club Mix)
3. So Pure – Changes (Soul Solution Mix)
4. Daphne – I Found It (Greed Shakedown Mix)
5. Gabrielle – Dreams (The Red Underground Mix)
6. Clubhouse – Deep In My Heart (American Mix)
7. Michael Watford – So Into You (Classic Club Mix)
8. Sunscreem – Love U More (Band of Gypsies Mix)
9. MK feat. Alana – Always (NY Stomp Remix)
10. Full Intention – America [I Love America] (12” Vocal Mix)
11. Robin S – It Must Be Love (Fitch Bros Club Mix)
12. Shades Of Love – Body To Body (Keep In Touch) (Junior’s 10/31 Club Mix)
13. The Daou – Surrender Yourself (Ballroom Mix)
14. Patra – Worker Man (The Satoshi Tomiie Interpretation)