As the clock ticked over into the year 2000, a vibrant burst of dance music took the world by storm. Neon lights flashed and music pulsed through speakers, painting a bright tableau of infectious rhythm, stirring beats, and the unforgettable throb of bass. The top dance songs of 2000 set the rhythm of the year, and the biggest dance songs of the year painted a vivid soundscape that pulses still in the hearts of music enthusiasts.
The pulsating energy of Amber’s ‘Above The Clouds’ in its Thunderpuss 2000 Club Anthem guise soared through speakers, filling dance halls with an energy that matched the loftiness of its title. This track, one of the top dance songs of 2000, truly made listeners feel they were dancing above the clouds.
The Afro Medusa’s ‘Pasilda’ in the 12” Illicit Mix was a percussive delight, a vivid blend of vibrant beats and spirited lyrics that transported listeners to an exotic realm of rhythmic ecstasy, ranking it amongst the biggest dance songs of the year.
Groove Armada’s ‘I See You Baby’ featuring Gram’ma Funk, especially in its Fatboy Slim Remix avatar, was a funk-driven expedition through thumping beats and tongue-in-cheek lyrics. This catchy tune was a welcome feature in any dance playlist of the era.
Destiny’s Child stormed the charts with ‘Independent Women Part I’, a powerful anthem of female empowerment. The Victor Calderone Club Mix added an extra layer of vivacity to the track, ensuring its place among the top dance songs of 2000.
Michael Moog’s ‘That Sound’ in the Full Intention Club Mix was an auditory extravaganza. Its driving beat and catchy rhythm cemented its place in the history of dance music, making it one of the biggest dance songs of the year.
Daft Punk’s ‘One More Time’ remixed into a House De La Funk Filtered Club Mix, was a joyous celebration of music and rhythm, a tune that urged listeners to dance, again and again, making it a definite candidate for the top dance songs of 2000.
Last but not least, the Steve Anderson & His Merry Mirrorball Men Mixshow of Olivia Newton-John’s ‘Xanadu 2000’ took a classic and breathed new life into it, combining nostalgic melodies with fresh beats, landing it a spot on the biggest dance songs of the year.
In conclusion, the top dance songs of 2000 were more than just tracks – they were vivid expressions of the vibrant dance culture of the time. The biggest dance songs of the year weren’t just fleeting tunes; they were timeless anthems that continue to inspire and get feet tapping to their beat. These songs, full of energy and emotion, weren’t just heard; they were felt, and they continue to evoke the colorful, rhythmic pulse of the era they were born in.
Album : Year-End Edition 2000 | volume 4
Genre : Circuit, Mainstream, House, Classics
Year : 2000
Total Time : 1:40:58:00
1. Life Goes On (Richard F’s Le Spank Remix) – Georgie Porgie
2. Above The Clouds (Thunderpuss 2000 Club Anthem) – Amber
3. Dreamin’ (Shellshock Reconstruction Mix) – Loleatta Holloway
4. Bingo Bango (David Morales Latin Bango Mix) – Basement Jaxx
5. Pasilda (12” Illicit Mix) – Afro Medusa
6. I See You Baby (Fatboy Slim Remix) – Groove Armada feat. Gram’ma Funk
7. Independent Women Part I (Victor Calderone Club Mix) – Destiny´s Child
8. Think It Over (Thunderpuss 2000 Club Mix) – Jennifer Holliday
9. Be With You (Thunderpuss Club Mix) – Enrique Iglesias
10. Same Script, Different Cast (Friburn & Urik Cover Your Ears Mix) – Whitney Houston & Deborah Cox
11. That Sound (Full Intention Club Mix) – Michael Moog
12. One More Time (House De La Funk Filtered Club Mix) – Daft Punk
13. Xanadu 2000 (Steve Anderson & His Merry Mirrorball Men Mixshow) – Olivia Newton-John