If you’re feeling nostalgic for the time when dance floors pulsated with the kinetic energy of early 00s Dance Classics, Party Favorz has your fix. Continuing the soul-stirring journey through our Backspin series, we’ve curated the “Addicted to Bass,” a spiritual successor to our earlier set.
Dive into the abyss of hypnotic beats and reverberating basslines that shaped the turn of the millennium. The tracks we’ve handpicked for this installment are timeless, remaining as invigorating today as they were at the peak of their popularity.
Let’s delve into some of the gems this episode has to offer. Puretone’s “Addicted To Bass,” is a track that cascaded through speakers with an almost hypnotic allure, here spiced up by Differentgear’s unmistakable flair. Then you’ve got Celeda’s “The Underground,” an edgy staple of the early 00s, retouched by none other than Peter Rauhofer. This one’s a primal call to the dance floor if there ever was one. If you’re seeking more cerebral thrills, Kosheen’s “All In My Head” gives you that introspective vibe, enhanced by Planet Funk’s creative reimagining.
Of course, who can forget Fragma’s “Toca’s Miracle”? No Backspin collection would be complete without this pulsating anthem. This extended mix requires no tweaking—it’s a masterpiece in its own right. Then you have the sensual “Dove (I’ll Be Loving You)” by Moony, given an exotic layer by Stephane K. & John Creamer, and Rui Da Silva’s “Touch Me,” featuring Cassandra, which is amplified by Double 99’s touch.
Cassius’s “The Sound Of Violence” takes an invigorating turn with Narcotic Thrust’s intense club mix. And if you’re in the mood for a twist, you’ll appreciate Daniel Bedingfield’s “Gotta Get Thru This,” spruced up by Passengerz.
Don’t think we’re done with surprises. Ever heard rock blended with dance? Check out Coldplay’s “Clocks,” which Heaven & Earth Division remix into a dance floor revelation. Then there’s the whimsical yet poignant “They Say Vision” by Res, given a suave revamp by Robbie Rivera.
These early 00s Dance Classics offer a snapshot into an era where genres blended and musical norms were subverted. Whether it was the influence of DJs, who often took these tracks and turned them into transcendental experiences, or the original pulsating beats that made them classics, each tune in this Backspin episode speaks to a time of musical exploration and freedom.
So there it is, another enriching trip down the musical avenues of the past, serving both as a reflection of where we’ve been and an enduring testament to the staying power of quality dance music.
Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album : BackSpin | Addicted to Bass
Artists : Various
Genre : House Classics
Length : 1:26:21
1. Puretone – Addicted To Bass (Differentgear Mix)
2. Celeda – The Underground (Peter Rauhofer Original Mix)
3. Kosheen – All In My Head (Planet Funk Mix)
4. Sounds From The Ground Feat. Colein – Lean On Me (Mauve’s Dark Vocal Mix)
5. Fragma – Toca’s Miracle (Extended Mix)
6. Moony – Dove (I’ll Be Loving You) (Stephane K. & John Creamer Mix)
7. Rui Da Silva feat. Cassandra – Touch Me (Double 99 Club Mix)
8. Cassius – The Sound Of Violence (Narcotic Thrust Two Minute Warning Club Mix)
9. Daniel Bedingfield – Gotta Get Thru This (Passengerz Violation Vox Club Mix)
10. Brancaccio & Aisher – It’s Gonna Be… (A Lovely Day) (Bini & Martini Club Mix)
11. X-Press 2 feat. David Byrne – Lazy (Norman Cook Remix)
12. Iio – Rapture (Tastes So Sweet) (Original Mix)
13. Coldplay – Clocks (Heaven & Earth Division Remix)
14. Res – They Say Vision (Robbie Rivera’s Vocal Mix Part 2)