In the vibrant tapestry of dance music history, Party Favorz’s Ultimate 90’s House Classics has woven a compelling narrative, and as of October 10, 2021, the curtain falls on this monumental series. Volume 6 is not merely a conclusion; it’s a crescendo that unearths the remaining massive progressive club hits and Classic House tracks from 1998-1999.
This final volume is like a nostalgic dance floor, filled with tunes that most of us have swayed to, even if their titles might momentarily escape us. A parade of iconic 90s dance hits takes center stage, each one a sparkling gem in the treasure chest of 90’s House Music.
One notable exception – the intriguing Hex Hector remix of Tina Turner’s “When the Heartache Is Over” – beckons with mystery. Although widely rumored at the time, this version seemed to vanish like a ghost note, overshadowed by the Metro Mix. It was only during the creation of the Tina Turner Diva Hall of Fame series earlier this year that this elusive remix danced back into the limelight.
In those days, being a dance music enthusiast meant more than just clicks and streams. It involved road trips to San Antonio, 4-hour drives from small-town America, and weekend adventures at the Bonham Exchange. It was a quest, not just for the latest club tunes but for the pulsating rhythm that connected music lovers.
The DJ008 website, a precursor to Napster and other file-sharing services, offered a digital avenue for music discovery. But with dial-up connections, where downloading a single song could take hours, the thrill of the physical hunt often prevailed.
Now, as we embrace this volume, we’re not merely revisiting a time and place; we’re celebrating an era of 90’s dance hits and Classic House Tracks that defined a generation. From Kim English’s “Unspeakable Joy” (Razor ‘n’ Guido Vocal Mix) to Mariah Carey’s “My All” (David Morales Classic Club Mix), these songs invite us to dance once more to the rhythm of our memories.
Volume 6 is not just a compilation; it’s a time capsule, a tribute to a golden age of dance music. Whether it’s your first listen or a cherished revisit, these sounds are timeless. Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album : The Ultimate 90’s House Classics [1998 – 1999] Vol. 6
Genre : 90’s Classic House
Year : 2021
Total Time : 3:07:54
1. Kim English – Unspeakable Joy (Razor ‘n’ Guido Vocal Mix)
2. Byron Stingily – You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real) (Victor Calderone NY Underground Mix)
3. Whitney Houston – My Love Is Your Love (Jonahan Peters’ Vocal Mixshow)
4. Jonathan Peters pres. Luminaire – Flower Duet ’99 (Jonathan Peters Club Mix)
5. Cevin Fisher feat. Loleatta Holloway – (You Got Me) Burnin’ Up (Queen St. Orchestra Vocal Mix)
6. Lisa Stansfield – Never Gonna Fall (Junior Vasquez Mix)
7. Deborah Cox – It’s Over Now (Hex Hector Club Mix)
8. Terry Dexter – Better Than Me (Hex’s Big Room 12″ Mix)
9. Martha Wash – Come (Hex Hector Maximum Room Mix)
10. Gloria Estefan – Don’t Let This Moment End (Hex Hector 12″ Vocal Mix)
11. Jennifer Lopez – Waiting For Tonight (Hex Hector Vocal Remix Extended)
12. Mount Rushmore – You Better (Victor Calderone Mix)
13. Madonna – Frozen (Extended Club Remix)
14. Stars On 54 – If You Could Read My Mind (Hex Hector Club Mix)
15. Wayne G feat. Stewart Who – Twisted (Danny Tenaglia’s Club Mix)
16. Danny Tenaglia – Elements (The DTour)
17. Billie Ray Martin – Honey (Junior Vasquez Earth Anthem Mix)
18. Bette Midler – I’m Beautiful (Victor Calderone Main Vocal Mix)
19. Deborah Cox – Nobody’s Supposed To Be Here (Hex Hector Club Mix)
20. Tina Turner – When The Heartache Is Over (Hex Hector 12″ Vocal Mix)
21. Destiny’s Child – Say My Name (Digital Black-N-Groove Club Mix)
22. Charlotte – Someday (David Morales Extended Mix)
23. Aretha Franklin – Here We Go Again (Morales Classic Mix)
24. Mariah Carey – My All (David Morales Classic Club Mix)
25. Lisa Stansfield – I’m Leavin’ (Hex Hector Club Mix)