Possibly the one person who is compared more often than not to Whitney Houston is Mariah Carey. Breaking onto the scene in the early nineties, her debut album spawned four #1 hits and there was no stopping her after that. Well, there was that little hiccup after leaving Sony/Columbia for Virgin for a very lucrative financial deal. Hey, you can’t be perfect all the time and in the end, they paid out her contract and let her go. As the Emancipation of Mimi later proved, it was their loss.
Much has been made about Mariah re-recording her vocals only for David Morales, her preferred DJ. No doubt he’s has been an important part of transferring her big voice to the dance floors across the world. After going back and listening to a lot of these mixes, I can pretty much bet you she also re-recorded the vocals for the boys of C+C Music Factory as well as Junior Vasquez. All you have to do is go back and listen to the full length originals of Anytime You Need a Friend or Heartbreaker which were more characteristic of David Morales mixes with the big gospel choirs, the prolonged mid-sections that sound like you’ve just been worked over for several hours on Sunday at your local black Baptist church. It’s not likely these were outtakes from the original recording sessions and once you get Mariah in front of that gospel choir, the girl just tears it up!
I have personally been less than impressed with her most recent work starting with last years E=MC² where many of the songs sound like they should be sung by some 21-year-old pop tart as opposed to a true diva with the vocal ability bestowed on her by the gods. If she thinks she needs to keep up with the kiddies, she doesn’t. That was proven by last years Leona Lewis who’s debut album was a worldwide smash and was much more sophisticated and mature in it’s overall tone. In fact, she stands to possibly dethrone the current reigning queen if she’s not careful. Girlfriend, watch your back.
Regardless, the songs contained on this 2+ hours of non-stop house music are a true testament to Mariah’s incredible abilities. It’s for this reason that Party Favorz honors Miss Carey with her induction into the Diva Hall of Fame. Ladies and gentlemen…Mariah Carey!
Album : Mariah Carey 2009
Genre : Circuit, House
Year : 2009
Total Time : 2:04:54.00
1. Emotions (12″ Club Mix)
2. Can’t Take That Away (Mariah’s Theme) (Morales Club Mix)
3. Heartbreaker (If You Should Ever Be Lonely) (Junior’s Club Mix)
4. Touch My Body (Seamus Haji Club Mix)
5. Fantasy (Def Club Mix)
6. Anytime You Need A Friend (C+C Club Version)
7. It’s Like That (David Morales Classic Mix)
8. Bringin’ On The Heartbreak (Mike Rizzo’s Global Soul Mix Show)
9. Shake It Off (Constantine Club Mix)
10. We Belong Together (Peter Rauhofer Reconstruction Club Mix)
11. Don’t Forget About Us (Tony Moran & Warren Rigg Dance Floor Anthem)
12. Bye Bye (Tony Moran & Warren Rigg Remix)
13. Obsessed (Seamus Haji & Paul Emanuel Club Mix)
14. Dreamlover (Def Club Mix)
15. My All (David Morales Classic Club Mix)
16. Honey (Classic Mix)
17. Butterfly (Meme’s Extended Club Mix)
18. Always Be My Baby (David Morales Always Club Mix)
19. Say Somethin’ (David Morales Stereo Anthem Mix)
20. Loverboy (David Morales Club Of Love Mix)
21. I Stay In Love (Jody Den Broeder House Mix)
22. I Still Believe (Morales’ Classic Club Mix)