Hey, diva devotees, get ready for round two because Mariah Carey is back for her second induction into the Diva Hall of Fame. Now, I know what you’re thinking—what more could we possibly say about this vocal powerhouse? Well, it turns out there’s plenty more to talk about.
The first induction was like Mariah’s greatest hits, but this second lap focuses on her more recent songs and remixes that you’ll definitely want to add to your playlist. While Mariah’s been keeping it somewhat low-key these days—possibly due to Sony cooking up something big for her next album—we’re treated to a more subdued yet equally compelling side of Mimi.
Now, let’s delve into some of these jams, shall we? If you’re all about those club-thumping beats, then you’ll absolutely live for “Obsessed” in its Cahill Club Mix form. It’s a delectable dance floor anthem that’s as addictive as Mimi’s high notes. And speaking of high notes, “Hero” gets a superb reimagining from Gustavo Scorpio’s Private Mix that lets the diva’s vocal acrobatics shine through the pulsating beats.
One track you can’t overlook is “Triumphant (Get ‘Em),” especially in the Danny Verde Club Mix. This version gives an already uplifting song an adrenaline shot, sending it straight to the dance floor heavens. And who could ignore the buttery smooth vibes of “Beautiful,” transformed by DJ MichaelAngelo into a remix that’s—dare we say—even more beautiful?
Now, I don’t expect to see Mimi twerking à la Beyoncé anytime soon, but she doesn’t need to. Her contributions to the world of dance music, R&B, and pop are immense and should not be underestimated. She has shown immense versatility, from her ballads turned into anthems like “My All” in David Morales’ Classic Club Mix, to her modern classics like “We Belong Together” in Peter Rauhofer’s Reconstruction Club Mix.
So, whether you’re a casual fan or one of her lambs, this set is a testament to her unwavering influence and an offering to her devotees. With her next album on the horizon, it’s unclear what musical direction Mariah will take next. But for now, let’s bask in the glory that is this second induction.
Ladies, gentlemen, and fans of fabulousness, let’s give it up once more for the indomitable Mariah Carey.
Until the next time… ENJOY!
Album : Mariah Carey 2.0
Genre : Circuit, House
Year : 2014
Total Time : 1:37:50.00
- Beautiful (Finally Found DJ MichaelAngelo’s Remix)
- I’m That Chick (Tony Moran & Warren Rigg Club Mix)
- Hero (Gustavo Scorpio Private Mix)
- Infinity (Jasmin’s Club Mix)
- Obsessed (Cahill Club Mix)
- Emotions (Hex Hector Club Mix)
- Triumphant (Get ‘Em) (Danny Verde Club Mix)
- I Stay In Love (Jody Den Broeder Club Mix)
- I Want To Know What Love Is (Cutmore’s Club Shakedown)
- Up Out My Face (Ralphi Rosario Club Mix)
- My All (David Morales Classic Club Mix)
- Almost Home (Big Kid & Brian Cua Big Room Vocal Anthem)
- Bye Bye (Tony Moran & Warren Rigg Remix)
- Don’t Forget About Us (Tony Moran & Warren Rigg Anthem Mix)
- We Belong Together (Peter Rauhofer Reconstruction Club Mix)
- Shake It Off (Constantine Club Mix)
- Touch My Body (Tommy Love Royal Club Mix)
- You’re Mine (Jump Smokers Extended)