Tina Turner (born Anna Mae Bullock on November 26, 1939) — the trailblazing, irrepressible “Queen of Rock ‘n’ Roll” — has passed away. Her impact on music and pop culture cannot be overstated. In her honor, Party Favorz is reposting her induction into the Diva Hall of Fame, celebrating a life and career that transcended and redefined boundaries.
From the turbulent beginnings as Ike & Tina Turner’s dynamic frontwoman, she rose from the ashes of an abusive relationship to shine as a solo performer. Tina’s influence reached across genres, nations, and generations. Her 1984 breakthrough album, “Private Dancer,” catapulted her to the apex of music stardom, establishing her as a powerhouse with an indomitable spirit and a voice that left an indelible mark on the world of music.
Throughout her career, Tina Turner accrued an impressive list of accolades: 12 Grammy Awards, recognition as the first black artist to grace Rolling Stone’s cover, inductions into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and standing among the best-selling artists of all time. Turner never stopped pushing boundaries, not even in her twilight years. She embarked on a worldwide tour from 2008 – 2009, followed by the “Tina! 50th Anniversary Tour,” which stood as the 9th highest grossing tour of 2009.
Tina Turner’s contribution to music wasn’t confined to rock and roll. Her work found resonance on dance floors in the 80s and 90s, thanks to extended dance versions and remixes of her songs, which bridged the gap to the emerging house music scene. Notably, “When the Heartache Is Over” from her final album “Twenty Four Seven” found major success after being remixed for the dancefloor.
Not just a musical phenomenon, Tina Turner also emerged as a gay icon, commanding a massive fan following within the LGBTQ+ community. This recognition led to her well-deserved induction into the Diva Hall of Fame.
As we remember Tina Turner, we acknowledge her vast musical catalogue that encompassed various styles, genres, and tempos. Her music was a testament to her talent, transcending boundaries and blending effortlessly into various musical landscapes.
Tonight, as HBO re-airs the documentary “Tina,” we bid farewell to this musical maverick. At 80, Tina Turner leaves behind a legacy that is as grand as it is inspiring. She gifted the world six decades of her unique sound, leaving an indelible mark on music and culture. As we honor the incomparable Tina Turner’s entry into the Diva Hall of Fame, we remember and celebrate her life, her exceptional career, and the joy she brought into our lives. Tina, you will be sorely missed. Rest in peace, Queen.
Album : Tina Turner | The Diva Series
Genre : 80’s Dance, House Music, Dance Club
Year : 2021
Total Time : 2:26:18
1. Disco Inferno (Rockamerica Remix)
2. When The Heartache Is Over (Metro Mix)
3. Foreign Affair (One In A Million Club Mix)
4. Steamy Windows (Justin Strauss House Mix)
5. What’s Love Got To Do With It (Amice Remix) [with Kygo]
6. On Silent Wings (Soul Solution Club Mix)
7. When The Heartache Is Over (Hex Hector Club Mix)
8. We Dont Need Another Hero (DJ Red Remix)
9. Never In Your Wildest Dreams (Deep Dish Paradise Mix) [with Barry White]
10. Missing You 2020 (DJ Amanda vs. Sonny Fodera Remix)
11. The Best (Dirty Disco Classic Rework)
12. Whatever You Want (Todd Terry Mix)
13. Goldeneye (David Morales Club Mix)
14. Better Be Good to Me (Extended 12″ Remix)
15. Break Every Rule (Dance Mix)
16. Private Dancer (Deibys Marquez Private Mix)
17. Afterglow (12″ Vocal Dance Mix)
18. Why Must We Wait Until Tonight (DJ DemiProducer Remix)
19. One Of The Living (Special Club Mix)
20. Typical Male (Manack Extended Remix)
21. Let’s Stay Together (Hot Tracks Remix)
22. I Don’t Wanna Fight (Urban Overnight Mix)
23. Two People (The Ben Liebrand Mix)
24. What’s Love Got To Do With It (Original Mix) [with Kygo]
25. What You Get Is What You See (Extended Dance Mix)
26. Nutbush Cty Limits (Hong Kong Ping Pong Remix) [Ike & Tina Turner]