I missed my deadline for releasing volume 3 of Madonna’s Immaculate Bootleg Collection — all I’ll say is that good things come to those who wait.
Over the past 10 years — Madonna has had a hard time breaking the Top 10 in most countries. Not since the massive “Hung Up” and “4 Minutes” with Justin Timberlake has she had a Top 10 hit.
I find this confounding and frankly think it has more to do with ageism than anything else. I’m sitting here listening to a lot of the singles released and many that are fan favorites and find myself scratching my head. Why? Because many of these tracks are well-crafted pop songs that didn’t get near the attention they should have.
Of those, “Heartbreak City,” “Nothing Fails,” “Ghosttown,” “Masterpiece,” “Miles Away,” “Devil Pray” and, the recent “Crave” are outstanding milestones in her career. I’ll wager that if “Crave” were handed off to Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber, or Charlie Puth, Sam Smith, or Shawn Mendez and released today, it would be a massive hit. The writing, the hook, and the pop-sensibilities are all there. Maybe she should start sending these songs out for consideration by modern-day artists and collect royalties that way. She’s got the catalog and writing skills to do it.
So if it’s in fact ageism that’s preventing her from having another massive hit — I’d like to make a suggestion. Go back to your roots. Nothing is hotter at the moment than 80s dance, 70s disco, and 90s house in the pop landscape. Taking it back to her roots with less than serious writing but fun hooky tracks could very well deliver her own over 60 “Believe” much like Cher did back in 1999. That music is where she came from and there is no reason to follow the worn-out reggaeton trend as she did with “Medellin.” Though, I’ll admit that the Stormby remix featured here gives it that special lift making it fun to listen to.
I spent a great deal of time pouring through hundreds of mixes for these tracks and want to give a special shout-out to the “Official Madonna Remixers United“ group without whom none of this would have been possible. Special consideration goes to Marco Sartori, Maxim Andreev, Lukesavant, Dubtronic, and Idaho for making this series truly special.
If the modern-day versions are not your cup of tea please visit the Madonna page that is dedicated to all of the sets I’ve ever created for her. Be sure to click on the “load more” button at the bottom of the page because there’s a lot to sift through.
While this has been a labor of love — it’s consumed my every waking hour to put it all together. Often tracks needed to be remastered to bring out the sound — while others needed to be edited to make them more cohesive. Despite the long hours and all the obstacles I encountered with my computer — I managed to pull it off and feel I’ve accomplished something truly memorable for the hard-core fans to treasure.
Believe it or not, I plan on a back-to-school end-of-summer Dance Club set to close out the summer sometime this next week as there have been a plethora of late-summer entries begging for your attention. That’s all I got for now and I am exhausted. Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album: The Immaculate Bootleg Collection vol. 3
Genre: Dance, Club
Total Time: 02:50:25
1. Celebration (Deep Party Remix)
2. Give Me All Your Luvin’ (DJ Wickey Remix 2K12) [feat. M.I.A. & Nicki Minaj]
3. American Life (E39 Democracy Mix)
4. Beat Goes On (Deejay Senol Aycan Remix) [feat. Kayne West & Parrell Williams]
5. Nobody Knows Me (Sartori’s Social Disease Club Remix)
6. Dance 2night (Lukesavant Nu Funk Remix) [and Justin Timberlake]
7. Love Profusion (DJ Marauder Salvation Remix)
8. HeartBreak City (BUGO.dj Extended Club Edit)
9. Revolver (Maxim Andreev Mix) [feat. Lil Wayne]
10. Girl Gone Wild (Maxim Andreev Nu Disco Mix)
11. Medellin (Stormby Mix Edit) [feat. Maluma]
12. Crave (Idaho Dangerous Club Mix) [feat. Swae Lee]
13. Superstar (Eddie Amador Remix)
14. Hung Up (Dispose & Charles B WIP Remix)
15. Die Another Day (Marco Sartori Remix)
16. Losing Music (Samuele Sartini Mashup) [vs. Fisher]
17. Bitch I’m Madonna (Tom & Collins Remix) [feat. Nicki Minaj]
18. Nothing Fails (2013 Malala Icon Mix)
19. Give It 2 Me (Dubtronic No Limits Remix)
20. I Rise (Tracy Young Pride Extended Remix)
21. Ghosttown (Victor Dinaire & Bissen Remix)
22. Gang Bang (E39 Revenge Mix)
23. Future Lovers (Dubtronic Acid Trance Remix)
24. Hung Up (Unknown Remix)
25. Turn Up The Radio (Sartori Italian Style Remix)
26. Get Together (Bosich Remix)
27. Living for Love (Dave Stephen’s Rebel Love Mix)
28. Masterpiece (Sartori 4 Andrea Remix)
29. Miles Away (Sartori 2017 Remix)
30. Hollywood (Woyera House Remix)
31. Devil Pray (BrandonUK Universal Prayers Full Vocal Bootleg)
32. Sorry (Maxim Andreev Vinyl Mix)
33. Jump (A-Move Remix)
34. 4 Minutes (Marco Sartori Remix) [and Justin Timberlake]
35. Dark Ballet (Marco Sartori Storm Remix)