Demetria Devonne Lovato (born August 20, 1992) — better known as Demi Lovato — is an American singer, songwriter, actress, and television personality. Like many other Diva Hall of Fame recipients, she is a product of the Disney juggernaut and rose to fame starring in Camp Rock and Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam where she teamed up with Joe Jonas for a duet on the Billboard top ten hit “This Is Me.”
Like many Disney child stars, she got a record deal and released albums with songs that skewed toward a younger audience. As her audience matured — so did her music. Demi Lovato managed to achieve several top-ten pop hits all going gold or platinum.
2015 growth and maturity as an artist and singer
By 2015, Lovato had finally arrived with her biggest album to date “Confident.” The bi-curious lead single “Cool For the Summer,” which was frequently criticized for mimicking if not sounding much like Katy Perry’s “I Kissed A Girl” (both produced by the powerhouse Max Martin), went on to become the song of the summer that year and was in most year-end top ten lists. The song is also was also embraced by the LGBTQ+ community and is considered a modern-era gay anthem.
2 years later, “Tell Me You Love Me” was released and the lead single “Sorry Not Sorry” was her biggest hit to date selling over a million copies and reaching #6 on the Billboard Top 100.
While putting together this tribute set to Demi Lovato — one of the most gifted singers in pop music at the moment — you will hear elements of Kelly Clarkson (one of her idols) Katy Perry and others. This isn’t intended to detract from her output but does showcase where musical styles were at as she rose to fame.
Her most recent non-album singles “Sober,” “Anyone,” and “I Love Me” are her most personal to date and frankly would be massive hits if they were released just ten years ago. The first two are re-framed in Dubstep, while the third was given a Future House rework. These stellar songs are so relatable on a multitude of levels that they reflect what many people have experienced at one point or another in their life struggles.
Continued evolution with a promising future
Clearly, the woman has continued to evolve and has partnered with other artists (Clean Bandit, Jax Jones, Cheat Codes, Fall Out Boy, Sam Smith, and even Brad Paisley) stretching her credentials that only further solidify her achievements as a true artist.
Of course, the focus of all the entries into the Diva Hall of Fame is their contributions to the dance floor. Demi Lovato has embraced much of the EDM and House Music scene so she would be a natural fit for our newest induction. Party Favorz looks forward to what Demi Lovato’s artistry will bring in the future as her music continues to evolve while remaining relevant to the here and now.
It is with great pleasure and high accolades that Party Favorz inducts Demi Lovato into the Diva Hall of Fame. ENJOY!
Album : Demi Lovato | The Diva Series
Genre : Dance-Club, House, EDM
Year : 2020
Total Time : 01:58:14
1. Confident (The Alias Remix)
2. Sexy Dirty Love (Kay Stafford At The Ibiza Beach Club Mix)
3. Tell Me You Love Me (Barry Harris Remix)
4. Instruction (Barry Harris Club Remix) [with Jax Jones and Stefflon Don]
5. Stone Cold (Lord N’ Remix)
6. Give Your Heart A Break (The Alias Extended Mix)
7. Here We Go Again (Jason Nevins Remix)
8. Remember December (Sharp Boys Club)
9. Cool For The Summer (Cahill Radio Mix)
10. No Promises (Country Club Martini Crew Vocal Mix) [with Cheat Codes]
11. Solo (Wideboys Remix) [with Clean Bandit]
12. Heart Attack (The Alias Remix)
13. Really Don’t Care (Cole Plante Remix)
14. La La Land (Wideboys Club Mix)
15. Skyscraper (DJ Yaniv O Remix)
16. Made In The USA (Jasey Reez Remix)
17. Neon Lights (Cosmic Dawn Club Mix)
18. Anyone (Rip City Boys Remix)
19. Echame La Culpa (Nejtrino & Baur Remix) [with Luis Fonsi]
20. Sorry Not Sorry (Lord N’ Remix)
21. Body Say (Craig Welsh Remix)
22. Let It Go (Russ Rich & LFB Remix)
23. This Is Me (Feel Glück x DaPannu x Lars Höfer x KlangAkzent Remix)
24. I Love Me (Zac Samuel Remix)
25. Sober (Jay Daniels Remix)
26. Anyone (DJ Skyrock Remix)