Party Favorz is serving up a heaping pile of 90’s House Music classics with volume two of the year’s 1992 through 1993. There’s a boatload of dancefloor sizzlers and number ones in this set that I’d be hard-pressed to pick any favorites.
This set kicks off with the glorious “Love You All My Lifetime” by goddess and previous Diva Hall of Fame inductee Chaka Khan quickly followed by another inductee Martha Wash (“Give It To Me”) who was fresh off her work with Black Box and C + C Music Factory that parlayed those massive successes into a record deal.
Lil’ Louis who already had a string of successes starting with “French Kiss” in 1989 (featured on volume three of 1988 – 1992) generated two chart toppers with “Club Lonely” and “Saved My Life” (featuring Joi Cardwell) from his brilliant Sony Music sophomore effort “Journey With The Lonely.”
We also get introduced to new artists like Saint Etienne (“Nothing Can Stop Us”), Opus III (“It’s A Fine Day”), Sunscreem (“Love U More”), and Blue Pear (“[Can You] Feel the Passion”) all of who found massive success on the dance floor and the charts.
Perhaps the biggest smash in this volume is “It’s Gonna Be A Lovely Day” by The S.O.U.L. S.Y.S.T.E.M. a product of C + C Music Factory featuring the vocals of Michelle Visage. The song was originally featured on mega-selling “Bodyguard” soundtrack and went on to be a certifiable worldwide smash on the dance charts.
After refreshing my memories on many of these tracks — it dawned on me that there was a period of time when many of the biggest hits never had a break in the middle nor the end to mix out of. This doesn’t make it impossible to mix tracks (unless there’s a DJ friendly edit by Ultimix or Hot Tracks) as long as there are enough songs that have them. In fact, none of the songs featured in these sets have a middle break to transition out of as if it fell out of favor with DJs at the time. It was used extensively in the 80’s and makes a comeback later in this decade before falling out of favor again in the mid-millennium with the spotifycation of quick radio edits (don’t get me started).
Overall, I’m really stoked about how well these sets are turning out. The mixing is flawless, the music is EPIC and the remastering of these timeless treasures is a time-consuming effort but well worth it.
We’ve got one more set to go for this two-year period and will pick back up with 1994 – 1995 in January because I’ve got to get back on track with fresh releases in Dance Club and Circuit & Anthems before closing out the year with our annual Top Dance Club Songs of the Year and Blow Your Own Horn series.
At the moment, I realize that life can feel pretty bleak for many of you but I assure you, there’s light at the end of this tunnel. Just know that Party Favorz is here to help you get through it all. It’s my promise to keep myself safe so that I can be that one constant in your life that hasn’t changed. Until the next time…ENJOY!
I want to give a MASSIVE shout out to our longtime friend Anthony S. for his generous donation. I’m sorry I didn’t mention it earlier but I was going through some email reconfigurations that screwed everything up for a hot moment when it came through.
Album : The Ultimate 90’s House Classics [1992 – 1993] Vol. 2
Genre : 90’s Classic House
Year : 2020
Total Time : 2:55:26
1. Chaka Khan – Love You All My Lifetime (Garage Mix with Strings)
2. Martha Wash – Give It To You (Momo’s Klub Mix)
3. Robert Owens – I’ll Be Your Friend (David Morales Def Mix)
4. Juliet Roberts – Free Love (Morales Classic Mix)
5. CeCe Peniston – Keep On Walkin’ (Ultimix)
6. Lonnie Gordon – Happenin’ All Over Again (Jewel & Stone Club Mix)
7. Arrested Development – Mr Wendel (Perfecto Mix)
8. Lil’ Louis & The World – Club Lonely (Bellbottoms & Platforms Mix)
9. Kathy Sledge – Take Me Back To Love Again (Shelter Me Mix)
10. Desiya – Comin’ On Strong (Spagatini Mix)
11. Happy Mondays – Stinkin Thinkin (Junior Style)
12. Deee-Lite – Runaway (Masters At Work Dubb)
13. Bizarre Inc. feat. Angie Brown – Took My Love (Room 101 Mix)
14. The S.O.U.L. S.Y.S.T.E.M. – It’s Gonna Be A Lovely Day (Palladium House Anthem 2)
15. Alison Limerick – Make It On My Own (12″ Club Mix)
16. Chic – Chic Mystique (Brothers In Rhythm 12″ Mix)
17. Saint Etienne – Nothing Can Stop Us (Hot Tracks Remix)
18. Zhane – Hey Mr. D.J. (Maurice’s Club Mix)
19. Smooth Touch – House Of Love (Seduction Mix)
20. Master At Work feat. India – I Can’t Get No Sleep (MK Mix)
21. Saint Etienne – Only Love Can Break Your Heart (Kenlou B Boy Mix)
22. Lil’ Louis & The World feat. Joi Cardwell – Saved My Life (Kenlou 12″)
23. Opus III – It’s A Fine Day (12″ Mix)
24. Sunscreem – Love U More (Farley & Heller Heavy Club Mix)
25. Pet Shop Boys – Where The Streets Have No Name (I Can’t Take My Eyes Off You) (David Morales 12″ Dance Mix)
26. DReam – U R The Best Thing (Perfecto Mix)
27. Mr. Fingers – Closer (Sasha Mix)
28. Reel 2 Real feat. Erick More – The New Anthem (Union City Mix)
29. Blue Pearl – (Can You) Feel The Passion (House Mix)