The 1980s were a fertile ground for trailblazing artists who managed to capture not just the zeitgeist but also the hearts of listeners worldwide. The list of iconic performers includes Madonna, Michael Jackson, Prince, R.E.M., The Police, and Bruce Springsteen, among others. Among these legends, U2 stands as a powerful collective force, earning the undying loyalty of millions through their authenticity, musical prowess, and sociopolitical activism.
Let’s be honest: anyone who has experienced a U2 concert or heard their live recordings can attest to the transformative nature of their anthemic reinterpretations. The group’s deeply affecting music and message build an almost magnetic connection between them and their audience.
Fast forward to the 1990s, and we find Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton, and Larry Mullen Jr. venturing into the then-emerging realms of techno and trance. Though the band’s experimentation had its hits and misses, the innovative remixes by Paul Oakenfold, and to some extent William Orbit, imparted a new dimension to U2’s sound. This stylistic pivot enabled U2 to extend their influence to global dancefloors without compromising their core message.
So here we are, celebrating U2’s enduring capacity to evolve while focusing exclusively on their contributions to dance music. Party Favorz presents a curated tribute, showcasing the rock legends as reimagined by a roster of electronic artists.
First up, we have the “New Year’s Day” remix by Ferry Corsten. This rendition adds pulsating beats that make the track a dance-floor staple, yet Corsten smartly retains the song’s original fervor.
“Mysterious Ways” takes a new turn with The Perfecto Mix, showcasing U2’s flirtation with techno elements. The remix elevates the track into a rhythmic experience without losing its core essence.
Cowboy Mike delivers a compelling remix of “Where The Streets Have No Name.” The energy and pacing have been recalibrated, transforming the song into a high-octane electronic journey.
Clinton Sparks takes “With Or Without You” and dials up the tempo, imbuing the classic ballad with a lively beat while preserving its emotional resonance.
Tiesto joins the fray with an extended version of “Pride (In The Name of Love).” His take infuses electronic zest into the song, elevating its anthemic power to new heights.
Lastly, the Quincey & Sonance Remix of “Beautiful Day” turns the uplifting original rock anthem into a dazzling dance anthem without tarnishing its sun-soaked optimism.
Through these inspired remixes, U2’s timeless appeal has crossed into the realm of dance music, displaying the band’s remarkable adaptability and enduring resonance.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my tribute to one of rock’s greatest and most influential bands as reinterpreted by other electronic artists, U2.
Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album: U2 | Legacy
Genre: Trance, House Music
Total Time: 02:51:43
1. Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It’s Way (Intro Version feat. Raanana Symphonette)
2. Ordinary Love (Paul Oakenfold Bootleg Remix)
3. Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
4. New Year’s Day (Ferry Corsten Remix)
5. Staring At The Sun (Brothers In Rhythm Club Mix)
6. God Part II (Hard Metal Dance Extended Club Mix)
7. Lemon (Perfecto Mix)
8. Mofo (Phunk Phorce Mix)
9. City Of Blinding Lights (White Label Mix, Side A)
10. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight (Dirty South Full Vocal Mix)
11. Mysterious Ways (The Perfecto Mix)
12. Even Better Than The Real Thing (Perfecto Mix)
13. One (Remix)
14. One Tree Hill (Mattsko Remix)
15. Elevation (The Vandit Club Mix)
16. Vertigo (Redanka’s Power Mix)
17. Summer Of Love (Tilt, Danny Stubbs Perfecto Remix)
18. All Because Of You (Killahurtz Fly Mix)
19. Discotheque (DM Deep Extended Club Mix)
20. Where The Streets Have No Name (Cowboy Mike Remix)
21. Get Out Of Your Own Way (Afrojack Extended Mix)
22. With Or Without You (Clinton Sparks Remix)
23. Magnificent (Dave Aude’ Club Remix)
24. Pride (In The Name Of Love) (Tiesto vs. U2 Extended)
25. Beautiful Day (Quincey & Sonance Remix)
26. Lights Of Home (Free Yourself Beck Remix)
27. You’re The Best Thing About Me (U2 vs. Kygo)