David Morales (born August 21, 1961) is an internationally acclaimed Grammy Award-winning American house music DJ and record producer. In addition to his production and DJ work, Morales is one of the most prolific remixers of all time, transforming many pop music songs into club-friendly dance tracks. Born in New York City, he is of Puerto Rican ancestry.
That’s the jest of what you get when you visit his Wikipedia page. To everyone else, David Morales is a prophet; a truly gifted DJ who was sent from the heavens to save the dancefloor. Along with his brethren Frankie Knuckles, Shep Pettibone, Todd Terry, Eric Kupper, MAW and down the line, he’s considered one of the godfathers of House Music. In short, he owns this space.
David Morales first came on my radar in 1991 with his re-work of the Shawn Christopher classics ‘Another Sleepless Night’ and from there, I had become one of his legions of followers. It’s apropos that I kick off this three set tribute of his work with that song. By no means is this series meant to be comprehensive but rather a good starting point of some of the countless memories he’s provided us through today.
It is with much honor and a HUGE heaping of R-E-S-P-E-C-T, that Party Favorz honors the man and legend, DJ David Morales. Enjoy!
You may be wondering what I’m doing posting at the moment. It turns out, having year’s worth of education crammed down my brain in three months is not the way I learn. I haven’t given up because coding is what I want to do. I’m working on my options to ease myself into it before taking on bootcamp again. Thinkful was awesome in their understanding and refunded my money. Nevertheless, all hope is not lost as I fully intend to pursue this in the coming months.
In the meantime, I’ve cleaned up the site and consolidated the categories (once again) to better reflect what’s available on this site. I’ve merged the Year in Dance into House Classics and created a multitude of sub-menus making it (hopefully) easier for people to find or even stumble upon what they’re looking for. In short, I want Party Favorz to be recognized for the sum of its parts, not just Top EDM/Dance, Circuit Tribal House and Funky Disco House or even the Diva Hall of Fame. There’s well-over 10 years of dance music mixes worth discovering in my archives and 99% of it is still available.
I am dire need of some cash flow, so anyone that appreciates the work I’m doing and that hasn’t already, please consider making a generous donation today. It would be greatly appreciated.
Speaking of which, I’ve neglected my shout outs to folks who have contributed over the past several months, so here goes: Paul B., Glenn A., David J., Anthony S., Joe M., Ronald C., Bryan D., Ludovic D., Andrea V., Patrick H., and Theodora S. There were a few donations via Stripe for credit cards that do not have access to at the moment since I changed my phone number. Thanks to those folks will be included in a future update.
Album : David Morales | Legacy pt. 1
Genre : House Music
Year : 2017
Total Time : 1:29:48
- Shawn Christopher – Another Sleepless Night (David Morales Classic Mix)
- Sonny Fodera feat. Yasmin – Feeling U (David Morales Remix)
- Whitney Houston – So Emotional (David Morales Emotional Club Mix)
- Photek feat. Robert Owens – Mine To Give (David Morales World Mix)
- Alison Limerick – Where Love Lives (Come On In) (David Morales Classic Mix)
- Michael Jackson & Janet Jackson – Scream (Classic Club Mix)
- Diana Ross – The Boss (David Morales Def Club Mix)
- Aretha Franklin – A Deeper Love (Bad Yard Club)
- David Morales & The Bad Yard Club feat. Crystal Waters & Delta – In De Ghetto (The Bad Yard Club Mix)
- Basement Jaxx – Bingo Bango (David Morales Latin Bango Mix)
- David Morales pres. The Face feat. Juliet Roberts – Needin’ U (12” Mix)
- Backstreet Boys – I Want It That Way (David Morales Club Vocal)
- Mary J. Blige – Right Now (David Morales Classic Remix)
- Nile Rodgers & Tony Moran feat. Kimberly Davis – My Fire (David Morales Epic Remix)