Diana Ross is quite possibly the most perpetual force in music history to outlast all of her contemporaries. Whether as part of The Supremes in the 1960s or as a solo artist from the 1970s through today — the woman is a tour de force in an industry that was built by men on the backs of artists like herself. Yet, she’s still here banging out remixes of her back catalog and racking up #1 Dance Club hits 60 years later. The woman is like an “aching in my heart” that won’t go away.
Years ago, Party Favorz had attempted an ultimate remix series for Miss Ross that many of you loved but I was never happy with. Then the Almighty remixes dropped featuring many unlikely high-energy remixes of songs like “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” and “Touch Me In the Morning” that I put together a tribute set that was worthy of her highness.
Fast forward to today and many of her past hits (with legendary Eric Kupper at the helm) have been remixed for today’s dance floors, which have generated four #1 Billboard Dance Club hits including ANMHE, “Upside Down/I’m Coming Out,” “The Boss,” and “Love Hangover.”
On May 29th, Diana in conjunction with Motown Records will release her 2nd remix album featuring these tracks plus “Surrender,” “No One Get’s the Prize,” “It’s My House,” “Touch Me In the Morning,” and “Remember Me” all with Eric Kupper performing the remix honors. The digital version will be released on May 29th, while the CD and crystal-clear vinyl editions will follow on June 26th. You can pre-order them here.
While there have been many remixes of her songs over the years, fans continue to create modern-day remixes, which are featured in this tribute set, which includes the Almighty remixes but also remixes by Barry Harris, Dirty Disco, Jet Boot Jack, Thee Werq’n B!Tches among many others. So as not to preempt the sales of her forthcoming remix set, Party Favorz only included one remix by Eric Kupper.
It is with much love, devotion, and sincere admiration of one of the most prolific if not crucial musical artists of this century, Party Favorz proudly presents the Ultimate Diva Series honoring the fabulous Miss Ross. Enjoy!
Album : Diana Ross | The Ultimate Diva Series
Genre : Dance Music
Year : 2020
Total Time : 2:35:05
1. I Will Survive (Jet Boot Jack 2020 Disco Dub)
2. The Boss (Dirty Disco Classic House Remix)
3. Chain Reaction (Dewey B & Spike Remix)
4. You’re Gonna Love It (E-Smoove & Steve Silk Mix)
5. Missing You (Edgar Dekay Remix)
6. Until We Meet Again (Love To Infinity Master Mix)
7. Reach Out and Touch (Somebody’s Hand) (Alimighty 12” Mix)
8. Remember Me (Almighty 12” Anthem Mix)
9. Love Child (Almighty Definitive Mix)*
10. No One Gets The Prize (Almighty Club Mix)
11. Tenderness (Robbie Rivera Remix)
12. I’m Coming Out (Barry Harris 2018 Remix)
13. Work That Body (FunkyDeps Edit)
14. It’s My House (54 Mode Edit)
15. I’m Still Waiting (Almighty Breeze Mix)
16. Surrender (Almighty 12” Anthem Mix)
17. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough (Eric Kupper Epic Mix)
18. Not Over You Yet (Eric Morillo Dronez Mix)
19. Have Fun (Again) (Thee Werq’n B!Tches Factory Flashback Mix)
20. Upside Down (Jet Boot Jack Remix)
21. Take Me Higher (Jet Boot Jack Remix)
22. Swept Away (Unknown Remix)
23. Paradise (Shep Pettibone Exotic Mix)
24. Love Hangover (Dirty Disco Classic Tribute Remix)
25. You Keep Me Hangin’ On (Jet Boot Jack Remix)*
26. I Thought It Took A Little Time (Almighty Anthem Radio Edit)
27. Touch Me In The Morning (Almighty Definitive Mix)
28. Someday We’ll Be Together (Frankie Knuckles Mix)*