The four sets listed there now are no longer available and likely will not be going forward. I like to think of these as my creative masterpieces or Pink Floyd’s “The Wall “ LOL. Put together at a very dark time in my life when the relationship between Rick and I wasn’t exactly stellar and also a time where so much bitterness, hate, and uncertainty was being spewed by the crazies on the right in this country, I stitched together songs from different genres with a series of sound effects that reflected not only my mood but that of the turmoil in the US.
If you rewind even further back to 2008 and 2009 in the Party Favorz history, I used to make a series called the Deep Edition. It consisted of a lot of deep house, electronic and overall songs that were typically moody by nature and didn’t fit in with the other work I was doing at the time. By 2010, that series was killed off entirely. Since the 2011 re-boot of Party Favorz, I’ve had countless people tell me that the Deep Edition was hands down their favorite series. I didn’t have the kind of stats that are available to me today to gauge its popularity so maybe I made a mistake.
Jumping back even FURTHER, I used to make mixtapes for all my friends every year at Christmas. My mixtapes typically consisted of a few popular songs intertwined with cool cuts and artists I thought people should know about. I’ve had more old friends tell me that because of those tapes, they discovered this artist or this type of music and still had the tapes to this day. Who knew my passion for all things music could make such an impact? I’ve always done what it is I like to do and then share it with anyone willing to listen.
Jumping forward to the original topic at hand, expect the Chill sets I plan on putting out to be a little of the Deep Edition and mixtapes from years past. Likely a mixture of genres that are often moody but with an overall happy tone to level it out. The first one I’m putting out is a combination of House, Deep House, NuDisco, Indie and a slice of heavenly Brazilian samba thrown in for good measure. It is eclectic, to say the least but cohesive enough for you to follow. In short, I think you’ll get it and if not, this series ain’t gonna be for you. That’s okay cause everybody knows Party Favorz has something for just about everyone.
As I had mentioned in previous posts, I will be taking an extended vacation from the site over the next month. I will definitely pop in for Madonna’s annual birthday mix and I plan on putting out a summer farewell set by the end of August titled Summer XO. If I don’t reduce my services on my Libsyn account at the end of July, I may just quietly post some older sets that I wouldn't mind having available for posterity sake. I’m not saying for certain but you know me, it’s always hard to just walk away from my baby for too long, even if it’s for a self-imposed mandatory rest. If anything, I’ll still be around to answer your questions like “how do I download a song?” LOL
Until Madge’s B-day… ENJOY!
1. Klingande - Jubel (Zero Set Remix)
2. Out Of The Basement - Take Me With You
3. Little Boots - Headphones (Moon Boots Remix)
4. Porter Robinson - Lionhearted (The Alexanders Remix)
5. Brett - Golden
6. Gui Boratto feat. Come And Hell - Take Control (Original)
7. Daniel Steinberg - Let Me Down (Tube & Berger Remix)
8. Flume feat. Jezzabell Doran - Sleepless (Cosmo's Midnight Mix)
9. Sade - Cherish The Day (Disco Syndicate Mix)
10. Marvin Gaye & Studio Rio - Sexual Healing (Studio Rio Version)
11. YoYo Honey - YoYo (Mani Soulsonic Mix)
12. Teenage Mutants & Purple Disco Machine - The Path (Original Mix)
13. Alex Metric & Oliver - Galaxy (Original Mix)
14. Syn Cole - Miami 82 (Kygo Remix)
15. Sam Smith - Stay With Me (eSQUIRE Deep House Bootleg Remix)
16. Mat Zo feat. The Knocks - Get Up 2 Get Down (Original)
17. Detroit Swindle feat. Mayer Hawthorne - 64 Ways (Kraak & Smaak Remix)
18. Lane 8 feat. Bipolar Sunshine - I Got What You Need (Every Night)
19. Miami Horror - Wild Motion (Set It Free)