Volume four of the Ultimate 90’s House Classics is more than a mere compilation; it’s a vibrant narrative that paints the metamorphosis of Classic House Tracks into something more eclectic and robust. This final installment doesn’t just shine a spotlight on a golden era of dance music; it showcases how the genre found new directions and reached new audiences.
As we dive into the sounds of the late 90s, we encounter the bold explorations of Club 69 (a.k.a. Peter Rauhofer). Known for his sexy House Music songs catering to the gay community, Club 69 rapidly evolved into a new progressive sphere. The remixes like Funky Green Dogs’ “Fired Up” and Kevin Aviance’s “Din Da Da” not only hit big but set dance floors ablaze, turning peak hour into an electrifying experience.
Simultaneously, names like Tony Moran, Junior Vasquez, Victor Calderone, Ralphi Rosario, and Hex Hector redefined the scene, bringing in a more accessible sound without losing the soul of House. The Classic House Tracks were no longer confined to niche clubs but were resonating with the mainstream, marking the start of a trend that would shape dancefloors for years to come.
The era wasn’t just about the music; it was about the DJs becoming stars, far beyond the two turntables and a microphone. Clive Davis of Arista records played a significant role in this phenomenon. Recognizing the potential of dance in the pop landscape, Davis pushed artists like Deborah Cox into realms of R&B and Dance, making them household names.
As the creators of Party Favorz, our connection with House Music transcends the genres. From Trash Disco, 80’s Dance, Eurodance, and Trance, our love is profound, but House Music holds a special place. The Ultimate 90’s House Classics series is an emblem of this love, reflecting a comprehensive history of the genre, even though it’s impossible to encapsulate everything deserving of recognition.
The series is far from over, with 1998 – 1999 set to revive fond memories. Expect more classic house tracks in the summer or early fall. Additionally, the Ultimate Trance series is on the horizon, aiming to wrap up the year with a bang.
Some notable tracks that embody the spirit of this volume include:
- Toni Braxton’s “I Don’t Want To,” elegantly remixed by Franki Knuckles.
- Me’Shell NdegeOcello’s enigmatic “Who Is He And What Is He To You” with Danny Tengalia’s N.Y.D.C. Mix.
- Ruffneck featuring with Yavahn on “Move Your Body,” graced by the Mousse T.’s Peppermint remix.
- Patti LaBelle’s “When You Talk About Love,” masterfully enhanced by Hex Hector’s club mix.
- Cher’s mesmerizing “One By One,” taken to new heights by the Junior Vasquez remix.
And the list goes on, capturing the essence of 90s Dance Floor Hits and classic House tracks, each one a unique gem in the treasure trove of House Music.
Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album : The Ultimate 90’s House Classics [1996 – 1997] Vol.4
Genre : 90’s Classic House
Year : 2021
Total Time : 2:40:22
1. Toni Braxton – I Don’t Want To (Franki Knuckle’s Classic Club Mix)
2. Roberta Flack – Killing Me Softly With His Song (Soul Solution Mix)
3. Me’Shell NdegeOcello – Who Is He And What Is He To You (DT’s N.Y.D.C. Mix)
4. Patti LaBelle – The Right Kinda Lover (Stone & Nick Full Delight Mix).
5. Janet Jackson feat. Q-Tip & Joni Mitchell – Got ‘Til It’s Gone (Def Club Mix)
6. George Michael – Star People ’97 (Forthright Club Mix)
7. Mr. President – Coco Jamboo (Mousse T.’s Extended Club Mix)
8. Ruffneck feat. Yavahn – Move Your Body (Peppermint Extended Mix)
9. Devoné – Energy (Vission & Lorimer Mix II)
10. Patti LaBelle – When You Talk About Love (Hex Hector Main Club Mix)
11. Funky Green Dogs – The Way (Club 69 Future Mix)
12. Depeche Mode – It’s No Good (Club 69 Future Mix)
13. Pump Friction – That Sound (Ralphi Rosario Remix)
14. Kellee – This Man (Ralphi’s ”Get Another Cocktail” Mix)
15. Happy Clappers – Can’t Help It (Ultimix)
16. Dajae – Day By Day (Cajmere’s Extended Mix)
17. Nuyorican Soul feat. Jocelyn Brown – It’s Alright, I Feel It! (Mood II Swing Remix)
18. Mary J. Blige – Love Is All We Need (D.Y.M.K. Club Mix)
19. Michael Jackson – History (Tony Moran’s History Lesson)
20. Cher – One By One (Junior Vasquez Club Vocal Mix)
21. Lisa Stansfield – Never Gonna Fall (Junior’s Return To 27th & 10th Anthem)
22. Toni Braxton – You’re Makin’ Me High (David Morales Classic Mix)
23. Deborah Cox – Who Do U Love (David Morales Classic Club Mix)
24. Urban Soul – Show Me (Def Club Mix)
25. Ace Of Base – Lucky Love (Lenny B’s Club Mix)
26. Alcatraz – Give Me Luv (Original Mix)
27. Kevin Aviance – Din Da Da (Club 69 Future Mix)