In the dynamic world of dance music, 2016 marked a notable shift towards our musical roots. The year’s dance hits – the Top Dance Songs of 2016 – saw a resurgence of ’70s disco vibes, significantly shaped by the legendary Nile Rodgers. Aside from leading the celebrated ’70s disco band Chic, Rodgers also shaped the ’80s music scene by producing chart-topping hits for icons such as Madonna, Diana Ross, David Bowie, and Duran Duran. His current influence demonstrates that the sounds of yesteryears still resonate on today’s dancefloors, proving the timeless adage that ‘what’s old becomes new again’.
A definitive game-changer in 2015 was ‘Lean On Me’ by Major Lazer & DJ Snake. This sensational summer anthem, with its laid-back Reggaeton beat, carved a path for many of the chart-topping hits of 2016. As a result, the traditional 128 bpm dance track has made way for a slower average of 120 bpm, favoring radio-friendly beats over traditional dance floor rhythms. This shift necessitates adaptability from music creators who want to stay relevant.
This trend is clearly mirrored in the four-part series of the Top Dance Songs of 2016, showcasing a transition towards slower, sultrier beats that harken back to the ’70s Disco and ’80s Dance eras. While commercialized Deep House remains a strong presence, the focus is on the downbeat, showcasing the cyclical nature of music trends. Undoubtedly, ’90s-era house music will eventually make a comeback, but for now, it’s all about the languid beats.
Stay tuned for the third part of our journey through the Top Dance Songs of 2016, arriving tomorrow. Until then…ENJOY!
Album : Year in Dance 2016 pt. 2
Genre : EDM, House, Dance
Year : 2016
Total Time : 01:52:16
- Tinashe – Superlove (Cutmore Extended)
- Empire Of The Sun – Walking On A Dream (Kaskade Remix)
- Nathan Sykes feat. Ariana Grande – Over And Over Again (Cahill Club Mix)
- Justin Timberlake – Can’t Stop The Feeling (Daniel Siman Tov Remix)
- Justin Bieber – Sorry (CLX Extended Mix)
- Kungs vs. Cookin’ On 3 Burners – This Girl (Paul Goodyear Ultimix)
- Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (Discotron Remix)
- Beyonce – Formation (Jamie de Von Remix)
- G-Eazy & Bebe Rexha – Me, Myself & I (Viceroy Remix)
- Calvin Harris – My Way (Kue Remix)
- Alessia Cara – Here (Cosmic Dawn Xmix Remix)
- Hailee Steinfeld – Love Myself (Kream Extended)
- Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha – In The Name Of Love (Sneaker Snob Club Mix)
- Alesso feat. Nico & Vinz – I Wanna Know (Alesso & Deniz Koyu Remix)
- Tori Kelly – Hollow (WestFunk Club Edit)
- Lukas Graham – 7 Years (Paul Goodyear Ultimix)
- Troye Sivan – Youth (Wideboys Future Remix)
- Britney Spears feat. G-Eazy – Make Me (Ray Rhodes Remix)
- Sheila Gordhan – Smile (AM2PM Remix)
- Joe Bermudez feat. Louise Carver – Sunrise (Mark Lower Extended Remix)
- Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike feat. Ne-Yo – Higher Place (Afrojack Remix)
- The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk – Starboy (Joe Maz Club Mix)
- Zara Larsson & MNEK – Never Forget You (Mark Ralph Club Mix)
- Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth – See You Again (Bassthunder Remix)
- Snakehips feat. Tinashe & Chance The Rapper – All My Friends (99 Souls Club Mix)