Drown yourself in the vibrant club sounds of 2017 as we delve into the Top Dance Songs of 2017. Despite any prior skepticism about the dance music landscape this year, it brought to the forefront an array of musical masterpieces. Many songs, predominantly from the Electronic Dance Music (EDM) genre, were beautifully transformed by remixes that elevated their original’s charm, expanding their reach and longevity in the dance music arena. Standout examples include Dua Lipa’s “Be the One,” Rihanna’s “Love On the Brain,” and the superb collaboration of Flume and Tove Lo’s “Say It,” alongside a personal favorite, “Issues” by Julia Michaels.
2017 introduced us to a wave of promising new artists contributing to the Top Dance Songs of 2017, their longevity and impact yet to be fully assessed. At the forefront was Dua Lipa, who soared to stardom backed by Warner Brothers, becoming an absolute sensation with her stunning looks, captivating vocals, and compelling lyrics. Similarly, Julia Michaels showed immense promise, especially with her standout track “Issues,” potentially giving the likes of Ellie Goulding serious competition in the future.
Other artists who proved their mettle outside their multi-platinum bands were Niall Horan, with hits like “This Town,” “Slow Hands” and Camila Cabello, with tracks “Crying in the Club,” “Havana”. However, for debut artists like Cardi B. (“Bodak Yellow”) and Luis Fonsi (“Despacito“), whose first singles were chartbusters, maintaining that level of success could prove challenging.
We also extend our hearty applause to Kesha, who with the release of her album “Rainbow”, apart from Dr. Luke, demonstrated her raw talent and versatility as an artist. Her Grammy nominations for Best Pop Solo Album and Best Pop Solo Performance are well-deserved.
There’s so much to cover when discussing the Top Dance Songs of 2017, but to avoid overloading you with information, we’ll reserve more insights for our next installment. Stay tuned for the third part of the Top Dance Songs of 2017 coming this Friday.
Album: Year in Dance 2017 pt. 2
Genre: EDM, House, Dance
Total Time: 01:47:56
- Sam Hunt – Body Like A Back Road (Mr. ColliPark Remix)
- Bruno Mars feat. Gucci Mane – Thats What I Like (BLVK JVCK Remix)
- Miley Cyrus – Malibu (The Him Extended)
- Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You (Jack Wins Remix)
- Katy Perry feat. Nicki Minaj – Swish Swish (Ralphi Rosario Mix)
- Kesha – Woman (Dave Aude Pride Extended Remix)
- Rihanna – Desperado (Country Club Martini Crew Remix)
- Zedd feat. Alessia Cara – Stay (Jonas Blue Remix)
- DJ Khaled feat. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper & Lil Wayne – I’m The One (Remix)
- Imagine Dragons – Thunder (Full Tilt Remix)
- Julie Michaels – Issues (Riddler Extended)
- Tove Lo – Disco Tits (Oliver Remix)
- Maroon 5 feat. SZA – What Lovers Do (Pink Panda Remix)
- Afrojack & David Guetta – Another Life (The Him Remix)
- Cheat Codes feat. Demi Lovato – No Promises (Country Club Martini Crew Vocal Mix)
- Alan Walker – Alone (Extended Mix)
- Cash Cash & ROZES – Matches (Original)
- DJ Khaled feat. Rihanna & Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts (Dave Aude Club Mix)
- Krewella – Team (Dave Aude Remix Extended)
- Katy Perry feat. Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm (Kue Remix)
- Clean Bandit feat. Anne-Marie & Sean Paul – Rockabye (Jack Wins Remix)
- Scotty Boy & Lizzie Curious – You’re Not Alone (Lizzie Curious Remix)
- Robin Schulz feat. James Blunt – OK (Extended Mix)
- Major Lazer feat. Camila Cabello, Travis Scott & Quavo – Know No Better (Laibert Remix)
- Kygo & Selena Gomez – It Ain’t Me (Ray Rhodes Remix)
- Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes (Galantis Remix)