After the overwhelmingly positive response from the U2 dance music Legacy set last week, I decided to add a companion set featuring their contemporaries, Coldplay.
Coldplay is a mega rock band that originally formed in 1996, which includes lead singer Chris Martin, Jonny Buckland, Guy Berryman, and Will Champion. They released a few EP’s before their major breakthrough in 1999 with the single “Yellow.”
Their first two full-length albums “Parachutes” and “A Rush of Blood To the Head” are two of the most important art-rock albums to come out in the millennium just prior to Radiohead’s masterpiece “OK Computer.” These albums are beloved by millions of fans worldwide for their introspective and thoughtful songs that just, really struck a nerve with people. I really don’t know how else to phrase their significance. These albums were just so important in my life as they were to countless fans.
Subsequent albums received mixed reviews and became more polished but still bolstered Coldplay’s popularity with hook-filled anthems like “Viva La Vida,” “Sky Full of Stars,” and “Something Just Like This” with the Chainsmokers.
Initially, the dance remixes appeared to be an afterthought but with the breakthrough of “Clocks” from “Parachutes,” and the subsequent Heaven and Earth remix, the burgeoning House Music and EDM scene became a natural fit for their stadium anthems.
Much like the U2 Legacy set, this tribute focuses on Coldplay’s dance music output (official or otherwise) and reinterpretations of many of their most beloved songs. There’s no doubt that Coldplay has a long career ahead of them, and much like U2 will maintain a long history and loyalty from their most ardent fans. They certainly deserve it.
It is with great respect that Party Favorz honors the dance musical legacy (so far) for Coldplay, one of the most important bands in the modern era.
Album: Coldplay | Legacy
Genre: EDM, House Music
Total Time: 01:48:30
- A Sky Full Of Stars (Hardwell Remix) [feat. Avicii]
- Midnight (Giorgio Moroder Remix)
- Clocks (Heaven & Earth Division Remix)
- Viva la Vida (Cor Fijneman Remix)
- Hymn For The Weekend (Seeb Extended Remix) [feat. Beyoncé]
- Trouble (Royal Refix)
- Fix you (Swedish House Mafia & Alesso Remix)
- The Scientist (Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman Mix)
- Paradise (Fedde Le Grand Remix)
- Talk (Dave Audé’s Vocal Club Mix)
- Charlie Brown (Dave Audé Remix)
- Adventure Of A Lifetime (K.R.A.S.H Remix)
- Princess Of China (eSQUIRE vs. OFFBeat Remix) [feat. Rihanna]
- Up&Up (Country Club Martini Crew Extended) [feat. Beyoncé]
- Something Just Like This (Alesso Remix) [with Chainsmokers]
- Magic (Sebastien Remix)
- In My Place (Aaron Marz Remix)
- God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (Dead Stereo Remix a.k.a Bimbo Jones)
- A Head Full Of Dreams (Tiesto Extended Mix)
- Yellow (FKYA & Khøst Remix)