In the grand pantheon of dance music, few artists encapsulate the blend of vocal prowess, commercial appeal, and LGBTQ+ affinity quite like Kristine W. From her early years in the Miss America pageant to lighting up the Las Vegas strip with her enduring show, Kristine W has walked a multifaceted path to stardom, leaving a lasting impact on dance floors and jazz lounges alike.
Kristine W’s story isn’t your run-of-the-mill “overnight success” narrative; it’s a blend of determination, talent, and engagement with diverse audiences. Her initial entry into the public eye via the Miss America pageant wasn’t just a beauty contest but a showcase for her voice. Yet it was her Las Vegas show, a long-running affair, that truly encapsulated her versatility as a performer, effortlessly moving from pop bangers to sultry jazz numbers.
A significant part of her allure has always been her steadfast and ardent following among gay men. She resonates with our community not just because she’s a fabulous performer, but because her music often speaks to the gay experience—of love, loss, hope, and the power of self-acceptance. It’s not just a fanbase; it’s a relationship built on mutual respect and shared experiences.
What really sets Kristine W apart in the dance music universe is her extraordinary voice. Capable of navigating high-energy beats as easily as smoky jazz tones, her vocal talent is a force to be reckoned with. This chameleon-like ability has made her a go-to collaborator for heavyweight DJs keen to bring depth and emotion to the electronic soundscape.
When it comes to songs that have defined her career, “Feel What You Want” comes to mind immediately. Remixed by Junior Vasquez, his remix is a triumph in merging vocal emotionality with infectious beats guaranteeing its status as an enduring gay anthem. Then there’s “One More Try,” as song about mistakes and regrets re-energized in Rollo’s remix, giving it an additional touch of dance-floor euphoria.
“Land Of The Living” and “The Boss” are other stellar tracks that received the remix treatment from Junior Vasquez and Love to Infinity, respectively, and turned into club anthems. The inescapable connection between “Land of the Living” at a time when gay men were given a second chance with the newly available HIV medications (whether incidental or not) was the empowerment and defiance we needed at an uncertain time in our history. Her remake of the Diana Ross disco classic “The Boss” was just the iceing on the cake of for relationship empowerment but fun and frivolity on the the dance floor.
Yet, her collaboration with Tony Moran on “The Power Of Music” stands out as a sonic monument to what makes Kristine W a powerhouse on the dance floor. The ML Club Mix taps into the joy and liberation that encapsulates the essence of dance music. Not to be outdone, “Some Lovin’” and “The Wonder Of It All” received the magic touch from Peter Rauhofer and Offer Nissim, respectively, each highlighting different facets of her vocal strengths.
With such a portfolio, it’s no wonder Kristine W ranks among the top 10 artists with an outstanding 17 #1 Billboard Dance Club songs. She’s not just a dance diva; she’s a multifaceted artist whose influence and appeal have stood the test of time.
Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album : The Diva Series: Kristine W
Genre : Circuit, Tribal, House, Progressive
Year : 2011
Total Time : 2:06:57
2. Feel What You Want 2008 (Edit)
3. The Boss (Love to Infinity Love In The Club Mix)
4. Walk Away (Escape To Collucio Run To The Club Mix)
5. The Power Of Music (Tony Moran ML Club Mix)
6. Fly Again (Ralphi’s Hydrate Club Mix)
7. Stronger (Johnny Vicious Club Mix)
8. Land Of The Living (Junior’s New Vocal Mix)
9. Some Lovin’ (Peter Rauhofer Reconstruction Mix)
10. Love Is The Look (Rosario K-Y INTRIGUE Club)
11. Clubland (Thunderpuss Club Mix)
12. Lovin’ You (Junior Vasquez White Party Remix)
13. Stand In Love (Hex Hector Club Mix)
14. Be Alright (Boris Blind Faith Club)
15. Never (7th Heaven On The Floor Club Mix)
16. Sweet Mercy Me (Rocket Man Mix)
17. One More Try (Rollo’s Big Mix Re-edit)
18. Feel What You Want (Junior’s NY Xtended Vocal)
19. Save My Soul (Gabriel + Dresden Bootleg Mix)
20. The Wonder Of It All (Offer Nissim Mix)
21. Fade (Gustavo Scorpio Club Mix)
22. I’ll Be Your Light (Wayne G Remix)