Party Favorz wants to thank the people that help keep our country not only safe but moving during this pandemic. Several of our members are medical workers who are on the front lines and deserve praise for their hard work trying to save lives with what little resources they have. One in particular is in New York where the number of cases has exploded. Anthony, I think about you daily. To all the doctors, nurses, PA’s, NP’s, and, medical assistants — YOU ARE APPRECIATED.
Additionally, do not forget the workers that provide us with a some semblance of safety and normalcy. Police, Firefighters, Grocery Workers, Bus Drivers, Trash Collectors, Food Preparers, Migrant Workers and more are the backbone of our country and who allow us to shelter in place. We do not take your sacrifice lightly and thank you for all that you do.
Party Favorz is back with some deep peak hour music for those who start their party later in the evening. Red Alert features the hottest Tech House tracks at the moment with some funky surprises thrown in to mix things up and tingle your spine.
Claptone & Mylo’s “Drop the Pressure” kicks things off and sets the mood for subsequent tracks before all hell breaks loose. This track is currently sitting at the top of most DJ sets but it’s the lesser known songs that are the real winners here.
The Cube Guys have recently re-entered the scene after years of success in the commercial and underground space of the electronic music scene in the early millennium. Actually, they never went away but they’re definitely making their presence felt these days. The joined up with Bando and re-grooved Dee-Lite’s early 90’s smash “Groove Is In the Heart” turning it into a deep Tech House track that would fill any dancefloor if we had any.
Norman Cook a.k.a. Fatboy Slim is another master class producer and his infectious “All the Ladies” hits that deep groove spot and holds steady before we launch into another Cube Guys remix of the 90’s alternative House classic “Red Alert” by Basement Jaxx.
Johan S delivers the funky Tech House stomper “Smoke This” and Salt N Pepa’s 80’s classic “Push It” get’s another rework by Safety First!, which is one of two versions currently out for 2020. “Push It” is just one of those songs that delivers in any environment and it would be really difficult to NOT make it a crowd pleaser.
The always diverse Lucas Debonaire delivers a funky mashup that samples Michael Jackson’s famous hook in “Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin'” and mashes it with the 80’s M|A|R|R|S Acid House classic “Pump Up the Volume” and creates an all new booty shaker that’s bound to please.
Another track blowing up at the moment is the Riva Starr remix of the 2009 Dennis Ferrer low-key House classic “Hey Hey.” Here, Riva Starr drops in a familiar Giorgio Moroder groove, bumps up the BPM by 5 and flips this track 360 degrees.
Buzz Low’s “Thong Song” is a track I just can’t get sick of no matter how many times I listen to it. It’s definitely a crowd-pleaser with an infectious hook. If things weren’t the way they are at the moment, Spinnin Records would have a smash on their hands.
Roger M’s “Discosizer” lifts the 80’s Miguel Brown Hi NRG classic “So Many Men, So Little Time” and mashes it with our favorite DIVA Loleatta Holloway. In fact, there’s another Loleatta sample buried in this set as well. I’ve said it before and keep saying it, this woman’s back catalog is likely the most sampled in modern era House Music — full stop!
As usual, I could go on and on but I’ll let this set speak for itself.
After the flubbed incident with Podbean erroneously cancelling my account and subsequently all the subscriptions, it’s been one issue after another, while I was trying to make some cosmetic changes to the website. I’ve gotten through all that but it has put me behind schedule.
I already have the cover art and track list compiled for the Spring Edition 2020, so expect that to finally drop by mid-week. I had several new Diva Hall of Fame entries scheduled but decided to drop the one I was saving for last by this coming weekend. My goal is to uplift everyone with things I know you want even if you don’t know it yet. I’ll follow-up with the other new diva entries, which are small potatoes in comparison the following week before diverting your attention again.
I hope everyone is staying safe but still manages to have a fabulous weekend. Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album: Red Alert
Genre: Tech House, Techno, Bass House, Funky House
Total Time: 02:06:57
1. Claptone & Mylo – Drop The Pressure (Extended Explicit Mix)
2. BYOR – How It Feels (Original Mix)
3. Morganj feat. FWN – Last Night (Extended Version)
4. Tiesto & 7 Skies featt. RebMoe – My Frequency (Extended Mix)
5. Lock ‘N Load – Blow Ya Mind (Dave Winnel Extended Remix)
6. Bando & The Cube Guys – Groove Is In The Heart (Original Mix)
7. Fisher – Freaks (Extended Mix)
8. Luigi Rocca & Mescal Kids – Touch (Tough Love Remix)
9. Fatboy Slim & Eats Everything – All The Ladies (Original Mix)
10. Basement Jaxx – Red Alert (The Cube Guys Remix)
11. Johan S – Smoke This (Original Mix)
12. Salt ‘N’ Pepa – Push It 2020 (Safety First! Club Mix)
13. Love Regenerator – CP-1 (Calvin Harris Remix)
14. Above & Beyond – Blue Monday (Extended Mix)
15. Luca Debonaire – Wack-O-Jack-O (Original Mix)
16. Sinner & James – I Need U (Original Mix)
17. Ann Nesby – So Much Joy (Alaia & Gallo Extended Remix)
18. Solardo & Eli Brown – My Life (Extended Mix)
19. Dennis Ferrer – Hey Hey (Riva Starr Paradise Garage Club Mix)
20. Ben Rau & Jansons – The Player (Original Mix)
21. Sofi Tukker – Purple Hat (KC Lights Extended Mix)
22. Buzz Low – Thong Song (Extended Mix)
23. Radmila Lolly – Tonight (MIMO Extended Remix)
24. Roger-M – Discosizer (Original Mix)
25. Sinner & James – Yellow Butter (Original Mix)
26. Ricardo Punnjo – Straight Up (Original Mix)
27. OFFAIAH – Private Party (Club Re-Edit)
28. Moreno Pezzolato feat. Octahvia – U Want Me (Qubiko Remix)
29. Gaby & Moodymann – Hold On (Original Mix)