Welcome to the Summer Leap 2020 where Party Favorz features some of the biggest Dance Club songs that will be permeating your brain throughout the sizzling summer months.
WHAT’S HOT NOW
As usual, this set features alternate versions of previously featured tracks like the super hot “Say So” by Doja Cat, which I had already picked to be one of the biggest tracks of the summer. While the hot temps are already here — summer hasn’t even officially begun and yet this song has been perched atop the Billboard’s Top 100 for a couple of weeks now. With its funky, feel-good disco build a slew of remixes have finally been commissioned for it with the Division 4 & Matt Consola version featured here.
We’ve got an amazing mashup of The Weeknd’s massive “Blinding Lights” with Otto Knows “Million Voices,” which was perfectly executed by DJs from Mars. The classic electro house track “Let Me Think About It” by Fredde Le Grand and Ida Corr get’s a modern era rework and even Mr. Probz massive “Waves” from a few years back gets its own special treatment by J Bruus & James Jay.
Saint Jhn’s “Roses,” which has been sitting atop Billboard’s Hot Dance Electronic Songs finally gets some floor-friendly remixes with the Imanbek remix featured here. Kelly Clarkson surprises with a new and unexpected new track “I Dare You,” which under normal circumstances would be galloping it’s way to the #1 spot on the Dance Club charts. Alan Walker puts out a sequel to his 2016 hit “Alone” with Ava Max doing vocal duties aptly titled “Alone pt.2” and the superb collaboration between Major Lazer and Marcus Mumford (of Mumford and Sons) “Lay Your Head On Me” is so exquisite that even I’m surprised out well Mumford’s vocals translate over to EDM in this soon to be summer smash.
THE PRINCESS OF POP
I want to talk about the elephant in the room — Dua Lipa. The woman has released what should have been her breakthrough album “Future Nostalgia” in the U.S. Folks, this is a solid album from the pop princess and while “Don’t Start Now” has been a smash by any standard, the subsequent singles “Physical” and the more recent “Break My Heart” are not getting the attention they deserve. Most of this is due to the fact that she can’t go out and tour to promote the album until (hopefully) January 2021. Party Favorz is in awe of Miss Lipa and frankly she’s poised to take over Rihanna‘s thrown (who is not likely conceding anytime soon). Please support her music and album by streaming it on your favorite platform — it’s totally worth it.
Equally, Halsey has been putting out some stellar tracks lately like “You Should Be Sad” and more recently “Be Kind” with Marshmello that are getting buried by the multitude of releases by Drake on the Hot 100. It’s gotten to the point of ridiculousness. Yes, we love Drake and his excellent “Tootsie Slide” is featured here but seriously, dumping his entire album onto the charts simultaneously is really a shitty strategy that performs a disservice to other emerging artists — especially when a majority of those songs never break past #20 on the charts and drop off om rapid succession. Welcome to the age of streaming where artists are forced to put it all out there at once to make their money back no matter how good or mediocre it is.
In addition to her collaboration with Alan Walker, Ava Max has an excellent new single out “Kings & Queens,” which has some fantastic remixes accompanying it. Last month, we featured the Danny Verde remix on the Spring Edition 2020 and here Cosmic Dawn (who’s resurgence is most welcome) does the honors.
Demi Lovato’s outstanding “I Love Me” is another track not getting the attention it deserves but Zac Samuel created a fantastic Future House remix of the track that was worth of inclusion.
Party Favorz doesn’t waste time with Tik Tok but apparently BENEE featuring Gus Dapperton have made quite a splash on the platform with Supalonely, which is well on its way to becoming the sleeper hit of the summer.
Finally, I bookend this set with “The Bones” by Maren Morris and “Drunk On You” by Betty Reed — the latter had the StoneBridge remix featured in the Spring Break 2020 edition, which have that lower BPM summer feelgood rhythm courtesy of the prodigious Dave Audé.
Rick and I moved into our current apartment in 2017 when it was still under construction. We live right in front of the pool area, which has its pros and cons but as the temperatures begin to heat up — it’s heartbreaking to be sitting on our patio while getting baked in the sweltering heat and not being able to use the pool area. No kids splashing around the pool, no hotties getting a tan — just workers currently tearing up everyone’s patios and reinforcing the frames and bricks because of water damage.
Yes, the current company has already file for bankruptcy and it appears Greystar (a company with a horrendous reputation) is slated to take it over by the end of this month. I realize that many of you don’t have that luxury or even a pool where you live but I understand everyone’s yearning to get out and be about. if you do, please stay safe, heed caution and, make wise choices This virus isn’t going anywhere and it’s fully expected to explode again in the fall.
We’ve got Pride coming up and it will be interesting to see how that’s handled. Party Favorz is still working on plans for our annual releases but haven’t put anything together yet.
In the interim, I’ll be dropping a new Disco House set next week followed what would normally be Gay Days or Pride Edition but I’ll likely just call it Summer Edition 2020 part 1. Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album: Summer Leap 2020
Genre: House, Future House, EDM, NuDisco
Total Time: 02:29:45
1. Maren Morris – The Bones (Dave Audé Radio)
2. The Weeknd vs. Otto Knows – Million Blinding Lights (DJs From Mars Bootleg)
3. SAINT JHN – Roses (Imanbek Extended Remix)
4. Lizzo – Cuz I Love You (Kue’s 100 Percent That Mix)
5. Fedde Le Grand & Ida Corr – Let Me Think About It (Vogojay O.Neul)
6. Alvin Whitte – Crashing Down (Extended Mix)
7. Mr. Probz – Waves (J Bruus & James Jay Remix)
8. 220 Kid with Gracy – Don’t Need Love (Extended)
9. Tiesto feat. Becky Hill – Nothing Really Matters (Original)
10. Frey & Sway Gray feat. Felix Räuber – Wir Sind Nicht Allein (Allein Allein)
11. Kelly Clarkson – I Dare You (Eden Prince Remix)
12. Alan Walker & Ava Max – Alone pt. 2 (Marc Stout Remix)
13. Melanie Pfirrman feat. Pitbull & IAMCHINO – Suda (Dave Aude Remix)
14. Gala – Freed From Desire (Jaques Le Noir Remix)
15. Croatia Squad – Back to Life (Mart Remix)
16. Major Lazer feat. Marcus Mumford – Lay Your Head On Me (Joel Corry Remix)
17. Selena Gomez – Feel Me (Charlie Lane Remix)
18. Sam Feldt & Ella Henderson – Hold Me Close (Extended)
19. Twenty One Pilots – Level Of Concern (David Michael Remix)
20. W&W x Lucas & Steve – Do It For You (Extended)
21. Dua Lipa – Break My Heart (Division 4 & Matt Consola Remix)
22. Fubu & Tobtok – Freak Like Me (Extended Mix)
23. Alesso feat. Liam Payne – Midnight (J Bruus & Colin Jay Remix)
24. Backflash feat. Basti Woods – Gone (Original Mix)
25. WAND & Jeanie Tracy – Happiness (Rob Made Rave Mix)
26. Halsey – You Should Be Sad (PeteDown Club Mix)
27. Regard & RAYE – Secrets (Charlie Lane Remix)
28. Marshmello & Halsey – Be Kind (J Bruus Remix)
29. Ava Max – Kings & Queens (Cosmic Dawn Extended Remix)
30. Drake – Toosie Slide (Sam Collins & Jom x Terry VIP Edit)
31. Merk & Kremont feat. HÄWK – BAM BAM (Extended)
32. Weiss – First Sight (Extended)
33. BENEE feat. Gus Dapperton – Supalonely (PeteDown Club Mix)
34. Demi Lovato – I Love Me (Zac Samuel Remix)
35. CALVO & DAZZ – No Scrubs (Jolyon Petch Remix)
36. Loud Luxury feat. Morgan St. Jean – Aftertaste (Extended)
37. Kygo, Zara Larsson & Tyga – Like It Is (J Bruus Remix)
38. Doja Cat – Say So (Division 4 & Matt Consola Club Remix)
39. Betty Reed – Drunk On You (Dave Audé Radio Remix)