Get ready for Volume 2 of our Victor Calderone Dance Music Tribute, where we dive deep into the treasure trove that is Victor Calderone’s versatile remix portfolio. This edition brings you an assortment of chart-toppers, iconic hits, and some unexpected bootlegs that showcase the depth of Calderone’s mastery over the turntables.
One track that demands attention is K.D. Lang’s “Summerfling,” a song that epitomizes summer love, wrapped in Victor Calderone’s beats. Alongside this, we have Shapeshifters’ “Lola’s Theme,” a track that Calderone turns into an irresistible siren’s call to the dance floor. If sultry rhythms are more your style, you’ll adore Calderone’s take on Beyoncé’s “Naughty Girl.” He keeps the sensuality of the original but elevates it into an anthem of empowerment.
Bette Midler’s “I’m Beautiful” receives the Victor Calderone treatment, making the song an even more powerful testament to self-love and acceptance. But it’s Madonna’s “Frozen” that proves to be a defining moment in Calderone’s career, signaling his swift ascent in the dance music scene. His remix breathes new life into this Madonna classic, accentuating its haunting melody while adding a pulsating beat that keeps you glued to the dance floor.
Speaking of Madonna, Victor Calderone’s remix of “Bedtime Story,” also penned by the Queen of Pop, seamlessly complements her tracks from the “Ray of Light” era. Though it came out long after the original, it feels like a missing puzzle piece that completes the picture. This particular remix could comfortably fit between “Sky Fits Heaven” and “Skin,” capturing the essence of what makes Madonna’s music perennially relevant.
Another interesting addition to this set is an unreleased bootleg of Britney Spears‘ “Everytime.” While it might feel a tad unfinished, it’s an intriguing what-could-have-been, showcasing Calderone’s knack for making even the most challenging tracks remix-worthy.
With the 4th of July weekend just around the corner and some other engagements on the horizon, stay tuned for the third and final installment in this Victor Calderone tribute series, dropping tomorrow for your holiday pleasure.
Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album : Victor Calderone Tribute Volume 2
Genre : Circuit, Progressive House, Tribal House
Year : 2016
Total Time : 01:38:57
1. K.D. Lang – Summerfling (Calderone’s Extended Vocal Mix)
2. Calderone feat. Deborah Cooper – Are You Satisfied (Calderone Club Mix)
3. Shapeshifters – Lola’s Theme (Calderone Vocal Mix)
4. Madonna Bedtime Story (Calderone Unreleased Remix)
5. Sting – Send Your Love (Calderone & Quayle Future Mix)
6. Beyoncé – Naughty Girl (Calderone & Quayle Club Mix)
7. Bette Midler – I’m Beautiful (Calderone Main Vocal Mix)
8. Depeche Mode – Precious (Calderone & Mac Quayle Damaged Club Mix)
9. Madonna – Frozen (Extended Club Remix)
10. Astrid Suryanto – Rainwater (Calderone & That Kid Chris Remix)
11. Britney Spears – Everytime (Calderone Club Remix)