When you talk about the luminaries in the realm of house music, Barbara Tucker is an irrefutable icon. With a staggering number of #1 house hits, she’s undeniably the crown jewel of this vivacious genre. This post is a reverential nod to her enduring influence, taking you through a catalog that has both blazed trails and left an indelible mark on house music.
Barbara Tucker’s journey is studded with milestones. One of her earliest hits that etched her name in the scene was “Beautiful People.” The breakthrough hit is more than just a track; it’s a rousing call to the dance floor that encapsulates the essence of the ’90s house era. Tucker continued to ascend the house hierarchy with “One,” a collaborative effort with Peter Luts. This original piece seamlessly marries vocals and beats, serving as another testament to her versatility.
Not one to be pigeonholed, Tucker joined forces with Timmy Vegas for “Dutty Funk,” graced by an Audiowhores Mix that highlights her soulful vocal timbre. This speaks volumes about her innate ability to adapt and flourish in diverse musical landscapes. Even when she stepped into mainstream pop culture, teaming up with David Guetta for “Give Me Something,” Tucker remained true to her roots, adding her unmistakable flair to the Extended Mix.
Barbara Tucker’s influence isn’t merely confined to originals. Her version of Whitney Houston’s “I Wanna Dance With Somebody,” remixed by The Cube Guys, breathes new life into a classic, adding that house texture we’ve come to expect from her. “You Want Me Back” with its Philly Mix, “Stop Playing With My Mind” featuring Darryl D’Bonneau in a Full Intention Club Mix, and “Feelin’ Like A Superstar” spiced up by a Josh Harris Club Mix are just a few gems in a sprawling oeuvre.
Her accolades don’t end here. Tucker’s versatile voice also resonates in the realm of remixes. Songs like “Love’s On Time,” is an epic anthem in the creative hands Junior Vasquez, or “One Desire,” revamped by Quentin Harris, showcase her musical dynamism. For someone who’s been in the industry for decades, Tucker is a tour de force, constantly reinventing herself while keeping her essence intact.
It’s been eight years since Barbara Tucker was inducted into the Diva Hall of Fame, and today, we welcome her back. This Diva Series redux edition is a comprehensive sonic journal of her work, spanning classics and recent hits alike. With a total runtime of just over 2 hours, it promises a musical voyage that only a legend like Barbara Tucker can offer. It’s with great respect, love and admiration that Party Favorz gives Miss Tucker a proper induction into the Diva Hall of Fame.
Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album : Barbara Tucker | The Diva Series | Redux
Genre : House Classics
Year : 2014
Total Time : 02:03:29
1. Beautiful People (Original Club Mix)
2. One (Original) [with Peter Luts]
3. Dutty Funk (Audiowhores Mix) [with Timmy Vegas]
4. We Wanna Boogie (Original Vocal Mix) [with The Winning Triplet vs. Andrea Paci]
5. Give Me Something (Original Extended Mix) [with David Guetta]
6. I Wanna Dance With Somebody (The Cube Guys Mix)
7. You Want Me Back (Philly Mix)
8. Playing With My Mind (Full Intention Club Mix) [with Darryl D’Bonneau]
9. Feelin’ Like A Superstar (Josh Harris Club Mix)
10. Love’s On Time (Junior Vasquez Remix)
11. Most Precious Love (DF Future 3000 Mix)
12. Let Me Be (7th Distric Remix) [with Morris T & Fjrmo]
13. Love Vibrations (Riffs & Rays Mix)
14. Hot Shot (Neo Disco Extended Mix)
15. R.E.S.P.E.C.T. (Club Edit) [with RLP]
16. Desire (Quentin Harris Re-Production) [with TuccilloOne]
17. I Get Lifted (David Tort Remix)
18. Everybody Dance (Club Asylum Remix)
19. Stay Together (Soulful Mix)
20. Life (Extended Club Mix) [with Michelle Weeks, Su Su Bobien, Sabrynaah Pope & Dawn Tallman as House Divas]