With the kickoff of the Beach House series, I’d have to say that the summer parties have begun! After pouring through hundreds of promos, my ears started to bleed. There is no shortage of girls or girl groups with thin voices disguised as the “vocal enhancer” technology that is so overused in today’s music. Hell, even Mariah employed it on her latest lame-ass single “Obsessive”. Frankly, these labels don’t even need talent anymore, just some hot chicks and wannabe rappers who are more than willing to pimp themselves out for their fifteen minutes and you got yourself a record. The more you pump out, the more likely you’re going to stumble on a hit. Such is the case with the Paradiso Girls’ “Patron Tequila”. Don’t get me wrong, songs like that are a lot of fun, but realistically, it just doesn’t cost the labels that much to put something like this out. So, after going through all the promos, I had to make decisions about what’s hot and what’s not. Otherwise, you would end up with three mixes of songs that all pretty much sound the same. Instead, I mixed in some harder electro and underground tunes that might otherwise not ever see the light of day. I then sprinkled some progressive tunes that were lost due to the deletion of the System Edition, and what you end up with is something that’s fresh and funky and contains enough variety to keep you interested. Hey, I’m not tooting my horn, but I knocked these three mixes out from 3:30 AM Saturday til 1:00 Sunday afternoon. The end result is freaking smoking!
Personal favorites include the Noisettes’ “Don’t Upset the Rhythm”, DBN and Madita’s “Asteroids”, Beyonce’s “Sweet Dreams”, EliZe’s “Can’t You Fee It”, Lal Meri’s “Bad Things”, The Kahile Project’s “Magic Carpet” no that’s not a remake of the 90s Bardeaux classic and Riva’s “For How Long”.
I’ve got two more to bring to you by Friday and I’ll follow up next week with the T-Dance version of Beach House. Though hot, weather has been amazing since yesterday with clear blue skies, light breeze, cool mornings and most importantly.no smog! I’m hoping it can sustain this through the Fourth of July weekend, but likely not.
Anywho, I’ll try to get back tomorrow with part 2 of this mix. Until then.enjoy!
Album : Beach House 2009 v1
Genre : Electro, House, Progressive
Year : 2009
Total Time : 1:26:20:00
- Michelle Williams – Lucky Girl (Matthias Heilbronn Club Mix)
- Paradiso Girls feat. Lil Jon & Eve – Patron Tequila (Bimbo Jones Club Mix)
- The Saturdays – Work (Cahill Club Mix)
- Noisettes – Don’t Upset The Rhythm (Dave Aude Club Mix)
- DBN feat. Madita – Asteroidz (Sultan & Ned Shepard Remix)
- Beyonce – Sweet Dreams (Steve Pitron & Max Sanna Club Mix)
- Sean Kingston – Fire Burning (Jody den Broeder Club Mix)
- EliZe – Can’t You Feel It (Original Club Mix)
- Lal Meri – Bad Things (Morgan Page Dirty Remix)
- TV Rock feat. Rudy – In the Air (Axwell Remix)
- Cascada – Evacuate The Dancefloor (Cahill Remix)
- The Khalife Project – Magic Carpet (Long Ride Mix)
- Keri Hilson feat. Ne-Yo – Knock You Down (Bimbo Jones Club Mix)
- Riva – For How Long (Original Mix)
- Loose Change feat. Donna – I Need Your Love (Rivaz Sax Remix)