David Morales is more than a mere DJ or producer; he’s an institution in the world of House Music. With a career spanning decades, he’s solidified his status as a trailblazer, particularly in the House genre. And while his influence is wide-ranging, his collaborations with Mariah Carey stand out as groundbreaking. Morales did the unthinkable by convincing the pop diva to re-record her vocals, transforming her chart-toppers into electrifying, gospel-infused anthems. Yes, this man took Mariah Carey’s songs and turned them into spiritual journeys that would make any congregation shout, “Amen!”
In the third volume of our tribute to David Morales, we delve into this unique chapter of his storied career. Mariah Carey’s “My All” and “Honey,” for instance, are no longer just radio hits; they become transcendental experiences under Morales’ expert craftsmanship. But the magic doesn’t stop there. Remember Toni Braxton’s “You’re Makin’ Me High”? Morales took that sultry tune and gave it a whole new layer of groove and vitality, making it irresistibly dance-floor ready.
Morales’ touch has graced other powerhouse vocals as well. Deborah Cox’s “Who Do U Love” becomes a pulsating, soul-stirring anthem, thanks to Morales. Even Suzanne Palmer’s “Luv 2 Luv” transforms into an instant classic under his watchful eye. And let’s not forget his self-featured track “Here I Am” with Tamra Keenan, proving that Morales doesn’t need a superstar to make a hit. His collaboration with Kristine W on “One More Try” showcases his versatility and his unmatched ability to turn already compelling vocals into something extraordinary.
This tribute mix is, of course, not merely a retrospective but a dynamic exploration of Morales’ evolving influence. While he got his start working alongside house legend Frankie Knuckles, he’s continually adapted, shaping not just the genre of House, but also carving out a unique space where pop, gospel, and dance intersect in the most harmonious ways.
So, whether you’re a die-hard fan of House or simply a music aficionado, this David Morales tribute mix is a delectable treat. It’s more than a collection of songs; it’s a curated experience that will have you hitting the ‘repeat’ button more times than you’d care to admit.
Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album : David Morales | Legacy pt. 3
Genre : House Music
Year : 2017
Total Time : 1:38:58
1. Deborah Cox – Who Do U Love (Morales Classic Club Mix)
2. Toni Braxton – You’re Makin’ Me High (Morales Classic Club Mix)
3. M People – One Night In Heaven (Morales Classic Mix)
4. Morales & Roisin Murphy – Golden Era (Morales Disco Mix)
5. Sade – Shelter Me (Morales Remix)
6. Lenny Fontana feat. D-Train – Raise Your Hands (Morales NYC Remix)
7. Lisa Stansfield – 8-3-1 (Morales Club Mix Long Intro)
8. Suzanne Palmer – Luv 2 Luv (Morales Stereo Anthem Mix)
9. Mariah Carey – My All (Morales Classic Club Mix)
10. Morales with Lea Lorien – How Would You Feel (Morales Club Mix)
11. Morales feat. Tamra Keenan – Here I Am (Morales Club Mix)
12. Pet Shop Boys – I Don’t Know What You Want But I Can’t Give It Anymore (The Morales Remix)
13. Mariah Carey – Honey (Classic Mix)
14. Morales pres. The Face feat. Kym Mazelle – Lovin’ (Disko Mix)
15. Morales pres. The Face feat. Nicki Richards – Don’t You Want My Love (Disco Mix)
16. Kristine W – One More Try (Def Club Mix)