Painting a picture of Destiny’s Child dance history would not be complete without the soulful renditions of their tracks. This is where Maurice Joshua comes into the picture. Much like his contemporaries Frankie Knuckles, Todd Terry, Louie Vega, Kenny “Dope” Gonzalez, and Eric Kupper to name a few, Joshua had been producing and remixing tracks since the 80s.
In addition to his work with Destiny’s Child, he was the favored remixer for another Diva Hall of Fame inductee Kim English. His relationship with Beyoncé was often compared to that of Mariah Carey and David Morales in that she would often re-sing her parts to accompany his garage-house remixes. This is readily apparent on his remix for Bills, Bills, Bills recorded live where Beyoncé adlibs many of the vocals not included in the original track, much like Mariah did in her earlier work with Morales.
Several of the more popular remixes attributed to Digital Black-N-Groove is an alias Joshua used to produce more club-ready remixes that were the flip-opposite of the Nu Soul style he was known for.
To cover all facets of the DC era, Party Favorz is proud to present to you Destiny Child’s House Sessions. Enjoy!
Album: Destiny’s Child – The House Sessions
Genre: Garage House
Total Time: 01:29:03
- Illusions (Destiny Club Mix)
- Bug A Boo (Maurice’s Xclusive Bug A Boo Club Mix)
- Survivor (Digital Black-N-Groove Club Mix)
- Soldier (Maurice’s Nu Soul Mix)
- Lose My Breath (Maurice’s Nu Soul Mix)
- Nasty Girl (Maurice Joshua Nu Soul Mix)
- No, No, No (Camdino Soul Extended Remix)
- Say My Name (Maurice’s Last Days Of Disco Millennium Mix)
- Cater 2 U (Maurice Joshua Mix)
- Emotion (Maurice’s Nu Soul Mix)
- So Good (Digital Black-N-Groove Club Mix)
- Independent Women (Maurice’s Independent Man Remix)
- Girl (Maurice’s U GO GIRL Vocal Mix)
- Bills, Bills, Bills (Maurice’s Xclusive Livegig Mix)
- Jumpin’ Jumpin’ (Maurice’s Retro Club Mix)
- Stand Up 4 love (Maurice’s Nu Soul Mix)