Since parting ways with Thunderpuss in 2003, a powerhouse DJ duo he co-founded with Cris Cox, DJ Barry Harris took a hiatus from the commercial remix and production scene for nearly a decade. But the industry legend made a grand comeback in 2014, methodically re-establishing his prominence with an array of original remixes, nostalgic reimaginings, and contemporary mashups.
His renewed career kicked off with original mixes like “Party ‘Round the World” featuring Jason Dottley and Debbie Holiday. He also revisited classic hits, offering his take on Bonnie Tyler’s “Total Eclipse of the Heart,” and even revitalized Thunderpuss-era favorites like Tamia’s “Stranger in My House.” But Barry Harris didn’t stop at revisiting the past; he also proved his relevance with bootleg mashups of current chart-toppers, blending Justin Bieber’s “Sorry” with Madonna’s track of the same name, and fusing Donna Summer’s “I Feel Love” with Whitney Houston’s “My Love Is Your Love.”
Soon enough, major labels took notice. They not only gave their blessing to his bootleg remixes but also started commissioning him for official mixes for contemporary artists like Sia, Calvin Harris, and Ellie Goulding. His remix of Adele’s epic hit “Hello” further cemented his status as a go-to remixer for a new wave of club aficionados, setting a standard for how remixing should be done today.
Here at Party Favorz, we’ve consistently spotlighted DJ Barry Harris’s work, recognizing him as one of our preferred DJs of the current moment—a moment that has impressively extended, thanks to his prolific output. What sets him apart from other high-volume remixers like Almighty, 7th Heaven, and Tiësto, is his authenticity: Barry Harris is his own “ghost remixer,” personally crafting every project that bears his name.
Barry Harris’s gift for reinvigorating his past triumphs while deftly adapting to contemporary musical landscapes is nothing short of awe-inspiring. His steady stream of new work signals not just a revival, but a career that promises to influence dance music for years to come.
In celebration of his enduring impact and continual evolution, Party Favorz is proud to honor DJ Barry Harris with this deserving tribute set. We look forward to grooving to his beats in 2017 and beyond.
Until the next time…ENJOY!
Album : DJ Barry Harris Tribute | Yellow
Genre : Circuit
Year : 2016
Total Time : 01:27:33
- Abigail (feat Toy Armada & DJ GRIND) – Let The Joy Rise (Barry Harris Remix)
- Adele – Hello (Barry Harris We Could Have Had It All Remix)
- Bonnie Tyler – Total Eclipse Of The Heart (Barry Harris Xtra Drama Re-Remix)
- Sia – Alive (Barry Harris Tribal House Remix)
- Taylor Swift – Shake It Off (Barry Harris Tribal House Remix)
- Meghan Trainor – No (Barry Harris Remix)
- Jesse J with Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj – Bang Bang (Barry Harris Big Tribal Party Anthem Remix)
- Justin Bieber – Sorry (Barry Harris Unapologetic Bitch Remix)
- Beyonce – Formation (Barry Harris Remix)
- Barry Harris feat. Musique & Salt-N-Pepa – Push (Barry Harris Mix)
- Josie Cotton – Johnny R U Queer (Barry Harris Big Room Drama Vocal)
- Madonna – Vogue (Barry Harris Rebel Heart Remix)
- Ariana Grande – Into You (Barry Harris Remix)
- Calvin Harris + Disciples – How Deep Is Your Love (Barry Harris Remix)
- Keisza – Hideaway (Barry Harris vs. Antoine Clamaran Dr. Drums 2K14 Mashup)