Here to make your weekend even brighter, I’ve decided to upload the quite awesome Gay Days 2016 circuit mix. This set is so slamming that if I sit on it another week, I’ll end up mucking it up with some new tunes that come out over the next few days and better to leave perfection alone.
I kick it off with the welcome return of Billie Ray Martin’s latest The Glitter Gutter. Vocally, she’s never sounded better and the dark underpinning of the lyrics suits Offer Nissim’s Dramatic rendering.
PA hottie Jason Walker’s So Happy finally has some newer mixes I can sink my teeth into. Though the Moto Blanco mix does the best justice to this uplifting song, Toy Armada and DJ Grind get huge props for taking it up a notch without getting bogged down in boring repetitive beats that totally lose the essence of the original. Not trying to rag on the other DJs on this two-set release but seriously, you need to step up your game.
Rupaul and AB Soto hit all the right notes with the fun Cha Cha Bitch, while Spin Sista truly deliver the anthem in Meghan Trainor’s huge No.
Ari Gold really brings it to the floor with his latest Turn Out the Night while DJ Maycon Reis surprises with Lost and Found by Ellie Goulding. In fact, I’d keep an eye on this guy because it’s clear he has the ear and the skills to churn out some monsters.
DJ Ranny continues to amaze with his remix of I Don’t See Them by SR. I am really impressed with his work lately since he appears to be pulling out some truly original vibes not typically found in your run of the mill circuit tunes though we are still partial to his tribal Latin beats when it’s required.
There’s no need to mention Barry Harris since we all know how I feel about him. I will say that his bootleg re-work of Beyonce’s Freedom is spectacular; so much so I passed on the dredge that is her duet with Drake.
I do need to mention that the cover art is lifted from a photo shoot for AussieBum. I usually go for the sexier hot guy pics but was carrying over the summer theme from yesterdays EDM Sessions. The only problem is that the more I look at this photo, the more it looks like a postcard or advert for Key West or some other hot gay vacation spot. A little too happy and campy if you ask me or maybe I’m just a cynic. Then again, Key West is a lot of fun if you’ve never been.
That’s all I got for now. Not sure where I’m heading next on releases until we get into Pride season; even then, I don’t have my plans drawn up but am pretty confident I’ll work it out over the next few weeks.
Until then …ENJOY!
Album : Gay Days 2016
Genre : Circuit, Progressive, Tribal
Year : 2016
Total Time : 01:37:25
- Billie Ray Martin – The Glittering Gutter (Offer Nissim Remix)
- Sheila Gordhan – Smile (Chris Cox Sao Paulo Mix)
- Tony Moran feat. Jason Walker – So Happy (Toy Armada & DJ Grind Club Remix)
- Cajjmere Wray feat. The Girl – Fired Up (Cajjmere Wray 2K16 Club Remix)
- Demi Lovato – Cool For The Summer (Cajjmere Wray 2K16 Dubconstruction)
- Rupaul feat. AB Soto – Cha Cha Bitch (Ralphi Rosario Club)
- Jane Badler – Black Silk Stockings (Tracy Young Vocal)
- Makeba Riddick – Bring Me A King (DJ Yiannis Big Room Vocal Remix)
- Anastacia – I’m Outta Love (Paul Goodyear 2016 Ultimix)
- Beyonce – Freedom (Barry Harrris Dirty Bootleg Mix)
- Zedd & Kesha – True Colors (Barry Harris Club Enhanced Mix)
- Meghan Trainor – No (Spin Sista Big Dancefloor Anthem)
- tyDi & Olivia Somerlyn – Only (DJ Escape & Tony Coluccio Main Remix)
- GoldNation feat. Sir Ari Gold – Turn Out The Night (Edson Pride & Erick Fabbri Club Mix)
- Rosabel & Jeanie Tracy – Your Love (Rosabel & E Thunder Peak Dub)
- Justin Timberlake – Can’t Stop The Feeling (Barry Harris Mix)
- Ellie Goulding – Lost And Found (Maycon Reis Club Mix)
- SR – I Don’t See Them (Ranny’s Peak Hour Mix)
- Calvin Harris feat. Rihanna – This Is What You Came For (Barry Harris Mix)