This set starts off with a simmer and heats up rapidly before boiling over. Lots of fresh originals here like Norman Doray and Piem’s “Give It Up,” Husko & Stephan Duy’s “Hands In The Air,” HUGEL’s “Cool,” and Prok & Fitch’s “Indiance.”
You may also remember back in February I declared Soffi Tukker’s “Good Time Girl” as one of the biggest songs of the year that actually came out last year. Our good friends at Ultra apparently agree and commissioned some official remixes for the song and the Leandro da Silva remix is included here. You better believe the more commercial Benny Bennasi remix will be making its debut on the next Dance Club set.
My only complaint is that they dropped the white girl rap by Charlie Barker, which added a lot of flavor to the original. Nevertheless, these are stellar remixes coming on top of ST’s recent collab with Gorgon City on “House Arrest.”
We also have a lot of familiar classic songs that have either been updated (“Gypsy Woman” by Maurizio Basilotta, “Phenomenon” by Sweetpower, “Turnin Me Out” by Chapter & Verse, and “Push It” by Salt-N-Pepa). We even have a rock classic song by Santana “Oye Como Va” being given the House treatment which works oh so well.
Block & Crown deliver “Good For Critics,” which uses one of the countless loops and samples in their catalog that is so vast — it’s hard to keep up with muchless remember where the samples came from — even though you know you’ve heard it before.
Finally, Italy’s DJs From Mars can always be counted on for mashing up two to three memorable dance classics with something current. Their concoctions are always guaranteed to raise the roof. Here we get the excellent “Not Exactly Boss Bitch in San Frandisco” featuring Doja Cat, Deadmau5 and, Dom Dolla — “All Around the Roses” by SAINt JHN & Imanbek, and R3hab & A Touch Of Class — “Sweet Start Now” by Dua Lipa, The Temper Trap, and Axwell & Dirty South.
In all, Turn Up the Volume demands you do exactly that. Piss off your neighbors or have a late night balcony party. This set is designed for maximum pleasure. ENJOY!
Album: Turn Up the Volume
Genre: Tech House, House Music, EDM
1. Max Millian & F.A.T – Maori (Original Mix)
2. Norman Doray & Piem – Give It Up (Extended Mix)
3. Maurizio Basilotta – Gypsy Woman (No Hopes & Pushkarev Remix)
4. Block & Crown – Good For Critics (Original Mix)
5. Faul & Wad – Oye Como Va (Extended Mix)
6. Yolanda Be Cool – In Your Arms (Original Mix)
7. Beki M – My Dreams (Original Mix)
8. Martin Ikin, Noizu & Fast Eddie – Hands Up (Extended Mix)
9. Eli Brown – Desire (Original Club Mix)
10. Husko & Stephan Duy – Hands In The Air (Extended Mix)
11. Afrojack & Martin Garrix – Turn Up The Speakers (Chico Rose Remix)
12. Steff Da Campo x David Puentez – Fresh (Original Mix)
13. Doja Cat vs. Deadmau5 vs. Dom Dolla – Not Exactly A Boss Bitch In San Frandisco (DJs From Mars Bootleg)
14. SAINt JHN & Imanbek vs. R3hab & A Touch Of Class – All Around The Roses (DJs From Mars Bootleg)
15. HUGEL – Cool (Extended Mix)
16. Sofi Tukker feat. Charlie Barker – Good Time Girl (Leandro da Silva Remix)
17. Harley Scott – On The Microphone (Original Mix)
18. Sweetpower – Phenomenon (Original Mix)
19. Salt-N-Pepa – Push It (Chapter & Verse Remix)
20. Dale Howard – The Beat (Original Mix)
21. Prok & Fitch – Indiance (Original Mix)
22. Chapter & Verse – Turnin Me Out (Original Mix)
23. DCP, Crazibiza & Fellous – Come Together (Original Mix)
24. Grum & Genix – The Light (Extended Mix)
25. Dua Lipa & The Temper Trap vs. Axwell & Dirty South – Sweet Start Now (DJs from Mars vs. Rudeejay & Da Brozz Bootleg)