I had originally planned to update George Michael’s original induction into the Diva Hall of Fame from 2010 next year. Under the circumstances of his sudden passing, I changed those plans and undertook the project the day after Christmas. I couldn’t allow the original mix to be the final word.
I spent an entire day remastering each song one by one, regardless of whether I would use it or not. I spent the next day throwing everything together in one tight set. I listened to the whole thing last night and woke up this morning and realized I needed to edit myself. I removed several songs and am thrilled to announce that it is absolutely ‘Flawless’.
The original was a bit over-compressed which stemmed from the lead version of ‘As’ his duet with Mary J. Blige. Typical of most things Jonathan Peters does, his work was always explosive and mastered in a way that would blow a hole in the ceiling. I reworked all the songs to fit in with that one. At the time, earbuds were pretty much shit so the extra bass was necessary; Nowadays, not so much.
I hope everyone appreciates what I managed to pull together in honor of the man and his legacy. Peace.
Album George Michael Tribute pt. 2
Total Time: 1:57:53.00
- Star People ’97 (Forthright Club Mix)
- Killer – Papa Was A Rolling Stone (Dance Mix)
- I Want Your Sex 2010 (Freemasons Club Mix)
- Father Figure (Final DJ’s Remix)
- Amazing (DJ Garry M Reworks Nikko’s Mix)
- This Is Not Real Love (Moto Blanco Mix) [with Mutya]
- Freeek! (The Scumfrogs Mix)
- Flawless (Shapeshifters Remix)
- Outside (Hex Hector 12” Vox Up Mix)
- Fast Love (2002 Illicit Remix)
- I’m Your Man (Division 4 Club Mix)
- Everything She Wants (Todd Terry Mix)
- An Easier Affair (Too Much Fun Remix 2006)
- Careless Whisper 2016 (DJ Pantelis Soulful Mix)
- As (CJ Mackintosh Cosmack Club Mix) [with Mary J. Blige]
- Fast Love (Tony Moran Dance Sleaze Remix)
- Too Funky (Extended Mix)
- Freedom ’90 (Alternate Reality Mix)