While this set had been in the can for just over a week — I was battling issues from all directions playing whack a mole with every new issue that kept popping up. This kept me busy spending most of my days on the phone trying to straighten out other people’s bullshit.
I had decided to drop one song from the set and replace another with a different version and needed to temper another track that was pitched too high. This appears to be something that several DJs have been doing lately. That is, reducing the bass and pushing the mid and highs up while overcompressing the song. Since I test all my mixes out on Bluetooth headphones, home speaker system and in my car — this new mastering by certain DJs is shrill and hurts the living shit out of my ears.
I don’t know the purpose of this new technique but it’s driving my batshit crazy. As I find them, I go back and temper the highs and add a gentle boost to the bass so it doesn’t sound like it’s being squeezed out of a tin can.
This is where I ran into some problems on one such song. The Jace M & Toy Armada remix of “We Are,” which is an outstanding track by Dan Slater & Zoë Badwi. For some strange reason, the song wouldn’t load in my editor. I’ve never had this problem before and kept getting the error message “the path to file is not specified” by Windows.
I looked it up and went through all of the troubleshooting steps for this error (which is apparently common but new to me). I was getting help on the WindowsTen forum but nothing was working. Finally, I bit the bullet and performed a clean install of the operating system and the problem persisted. It was only then that I decided to load a different song only to find it worked. So, the issue was specific to this one song but why?
After looking at the title — I changed the ‘ë’ in Zoe’s name to just ‘e’ and presto! That was the issue. The editor couldn’t read the special character, which makes no sense. Why? Because it would load ‘Tiësto’ that uses the same diaeresis but one loads and the other does not. I’m thinking that Tiësto may use a special character for input where Zoë is input using the language instructions from the keyboard, where my keyboard layout is in English. Maybe…I can’t say for certain.
Regardless, I wasted two entire days just on this issue alone. The fact that I’m expending so much energy telling y’all about it should allude to how pissed I was over this one problem. I couldn’t just drop the song because it really is stellar. Not only that, it opened up the set. Grrr.
The good news is that I’ve really delivered a circuit and anthem set that will blow the roof off any party. There’s enough tribalism here to fuel your workouts or just outright party.
So, without further ado, I bring you the Spring Edition 2021. ENJOY!
Album: Spring Edition 2021
Genre: Circuit, Tribal, House
Total Time: 03:46:07
1. Dan Slater & Zoe Badwi – We Are (Jace M & Toy Armada Remix)
2. Las Bibas from Vizcaya feat. Cdamore – In The Air (Jose Spinnin Cortes Pucho Jenso Club Remix)
3. Black Eyed Peas feat. Shakira – Girl Like Me (Leanh Remix)
4. Cardi B – Up (Dario Xavier Remix)
5. Madonna – Erotica (Alexander 2020 Mix)
6. Melanie C, J Montanez, J Gauthreaux, C Cox, J S Cortes – Blame It On Me (Andre Grossi Bootleg)
7. Vanel feat. Demik – Good Vibrations (Johan S Remix)
8. Ke$ha – Take It Off (Aslei De Calais Remix)
9. Tate McRae – You Broke Me (Dario Xavier Club Remix)
10. Guy Scheiman – I Don’t Care What They Say (2021 Mix)
11. Lapetina, Luis Erre & E.G.Fullalove – Bitch To The Dancefloor (Stenio Mendes Mash)
12. Rafael Dutra & Junior Senna feat. Nina Flowers – Queer Universe (Mauro Mozart Remix)
13. Dua Lipa – We’re Good (HenriqueMoraes Remix)
14. Tiësto – The Business (Leo Blanco Envigado Remix)
15. Nacho Chapado & Ivan Gomez feat. PKDO – Take Me Or Leave Me (Original Mix)
16. Dennis Ferrer – Hey Hey (Matthew S 2K20 Mix)
17. Nacho Chapado & Ivan Gomez – U Wanna Get Up (Original Mix)
18. Tony Moran feat. Kristine W – Walk Away (Adrian Lagunas Anthem Mix)
19. Lil Nas X – Montero (Dario Xavier Dark Remix)
20. Leo Blanco vs. The Cube Guys – No Me Puedo Controlar vs. La Banda (Rafael Daglar & Marcelo Almeida Private Mash)
21. Timbaland feat. Nelly Furtado & Justin Timberlake – Give It To Me (Mozart & Rasil Remix)
22. Céline Dion – The Power Of Love (Brian Solis & Kike Zambrano Private Mix)
23. Leona Lewis – Bleeding Love (Dario Xavier 2K21 Remix)
24. Ray Azuma feat. Timi Kullai – The Best (Dan Slater Remix)
25. Phil Romano feat. Maya Simantov – Everybody’s Heart (Original Mix)
26. Erick Ibiza & Mauro Mozart – People Are Still Having Sex (Original Mix)
27. DJ Suri, Soraya Naoyin & Chris Daniel – Desire (Taito Tikaro Remix)
28. GSP feat. Nina Flowers – Get Your Queer On (Afterhours Club Mix)
29. Kelis – Milkshake (Dan De Leon vs. Glaucio Duarte 2021 Edit)
30. Lady Gaga – Judas (MDMATIAS Remix)
31. Black Box – Everybody Everybody (Dario Xavier 2K21 Remix)
32. Erick Morillo & Eddie Thoneick feat. Shawnee Taylor – Live Your Life (Alexander 2020 Mix)
33. Meduza – Paradise (Davis Reimberg Remix)
34. Roger Sanchez feat. Lisa Pure – Lost (MDMATIAS Remix)
35. Esteban Lopez, Binomio & Nicolas Chalhoub – Creep (Bruno Knauer Mix)
36. Brett Oosterhaus – Drop The Beat (Weslley Chagas Remix)
37. Thomas Solvert feat. Miriam Reyes – Feeling The Music (Rob Phillips Remix)
38. Saara Aalto – Monsters (Rafael Barreto Anthem Mix)
39. Delerium feat. Sarah McLachlan – Silence (Taylor Cruz Remix)
40. Ava Max – My Head & My Heart (Dirty Disco Mainroom Remix)
41. Tony Deluca – Medusa (Original Mix)
42. Evanescence – Bring Me To Life (Uriel Ramirez & Carlos Martinez 2k21 Remix)
43. The Cranberries – Zombie (Rafael Barreto Remix)
44. Depeche Mode – Strangelove 2K21 (Aslei De Calais Remix)
45. Yerko Molina – I Feel Love (Original Mix)