Pushing forward with our latest 90’s Eurodance non-stop mix series — Party Favorz picks up the beats and kicks this set off with one of the most enduring tracks “Pump Up the Jam” that was part of the soundtrack to my life while going to college in north Texas and driving into Dallas on weekends for nights of partying at The Village and Mining Company in Oak Lawn. I’d be listening to one of the local radio stations that always had a late night mix blaring in my car on the 20 minute drive to the city while bouncing around anticipating a night of debauchery.
As every set in this 4-piece collection hits all the right notes — keep in mind that some tracks are really House Music or Techno tracks that overlapped with the Eurodance sound popular at the time. I even went with the popular Cahill version of Cascada’s epic “Evacuate the Dancefloor” from the early millennium as opposed to some of the other remixes that accompanied the track.
One of my all-time party favorite tracks is Pat & Mick’s rework of the Odyssey classic “Use It Up & Wear It Out.” In fact, Odyssey is quite possibly one of the most underrated disco groups to come out of the late 70’s and early 80’s. “Native New Yorker” and “Going Back To My Roots” are equally disco classics that have been either heavily sampled or completely reworked. Pat & Mick’s version was a perfect example of how the song transcends genres and time.
Other songs from my college days were Inner City’s “Big Fun” and “Good Life,” which would have fit nicely on this set but were left out. Though, they do appear on the earliest 90’s House Classics sets (which could very well get it’s own remake some time this year).
I tried to stay as close as possible to the original versions that everyone knows and loves as opposed to using the alternate remixes that were part of the original releases. It was not uncommon for a Eurodance track to feature House versions and vice versa to appeal to the largest audience possible. Often times these classic songs combined the two genres to ensure that immediate appeal of a cross section of party-goers.
Either way, this set will not disappoint.
I’ve already got volume 3 and 4 in the can so you can expect those dropping by the end of the week. Until then…relive the memories and as always…ENJOY!
Album : The Ultimate Eurodance Collection vol. 2
Genre : Euro-dance, Hi-NRG, Techno
Year : 2020
Total Time : 02:05:22
1. Technotronic feat. Felly – Pump Up The Jam (Vocal Attack)
2. The Original – I Luv U Baby (Dancing Divas Remix)
3. The Blackout Allstars – I Like It (Like That) (D’Ambrosio Club Mix)
4. Livin’ Joy – Dreamer (Original Club Mix)
5. Pat & Mick – Use It Up & Wear It Out ’91 (Hot Tracks Mix)
6. Dr Alban – It’s My Life (Extended Original)
7. LaTour – People Are Still Having Sex (LP Mix)
8. The Shamen – L.S.I. (Love Sex Intelligence) (Beatmasters 12” Mix)
9. Felix – Don’t You Want Me (Hooj Mix)
10. Gala – Freed From Desire (Full Vocals Mixx)
11. Eiffel 65 – Blue (Da Ba Dee) (DJ Ponte Ice Pop Mix)
12. The Real McCoy – Another Night (Club Mix)
13. Captain Hollywood Project – More And More (Underground Mix)
14. Amber – This Is Your Night (Original 12′ Mix)
15. Cascada – Evacuate The Dancefloor (Cahill Remix)
16. Jocelyn Enriquez – Do You Miss Me (Select Mix Remix)
17. Planet Soul – Set U Free (Fever Mix)
18. Sneaker Pimps – Spin Spin Sugar (Armand’s Dark Garage Mix)
19. 2 Unlimited – Get Ready For This (Wilde Mix)
20. The Goodmen – Give It Up (Hot Tracks Mix)
21. 2 Brothers On The 4th Floor – Never Alone (Extended Euro Mix)
22. Corona – The Rhythm of the Night (Club Mix)
23. Technotronic feat. Ya Kid K – Get Up (Power House Mix)
24. Bloodhound Gang – The Bad Touch (Eiffel 65 Mix)