I can’t of no better way to wind this site down than with a new addition to the Pride Classics series. It’s been a long while since I originally posted the 5-set podcast, which I performed some minor updating to last year but it still needed more. Bigger, better, faster …HARDER!
Things start off with Linda Eder’s version of “I Am What I Am” from La Cage Aux Folles. This song was/is a rallying cry for the gay community originally made famous by Gloria Gaynor in 1983. Though I didn’t use Gloria’s version, a 2013 re-work of her other gay anthem “I Will Survive” does appear here and fits nicely with the late 90s early millennium vibe of this set.
While the majority of these songs have appeared at one time or another in past sets, the one song I could never get worked in is the closing number. The original Bruce Roberts, Elton John and Kristine W version of “When the Money’s Gone” is one of my ALL-TIME favorites. The only version of this song that exists is in a continuous mix; one for the Junior Vasquez “White Party Album” and the other from some obnoxious “Gay Anthems” mix album. I was finally able to mix it in with the cold ending of “I’m Outta Love” and just added a blast sound effect for the cold-ending of the song that was about to mix into another song from which it was taken. Not to go on and on about this but I’m tickled I finally got it to work.
Some of you have sent me a note indicating you tried to make a donation from the site but for some reason it wouldn’t allow you. Usually, you have to turn off your pop-up blocker in your browser for it to work. If you prefer, you can send your donation via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org. I need to raise $60 (I already got $10) by the 17th to keep the site up. Otherwise, I’ll just keep the name and drop everything else. I’m freaking dirt poor at the moment and this is the only way to keep things moving. If it doesn’t happen, then it doesn’t happen. It’s been a good ride and frankly I’m pleased with what I have achieved, so no regrets.
I want to wish everyone a very happy Pride, this IS our year!
Peace Out and as always …ENJOY! -K
Album : Unspeakable Joy | Pride Classics
Artists : Various
Genre : Circuit, House
Length : 1:52:41
1. Linda Eder – I Am What I Am (Lenny B’s Too Much Drama Club)
2. Suzanne Palmer – Muscles (Club 69 Future Mix)
3. Jennifer Lopez – Alive (Thunderpuss Club Mix)
4. Lamya – Empires (Illicit Siren Mix)
5. Kim English – Unspeakable Joy (Razor ‘n’ Guido Vocal Mix)
6. Celine Dion – I Drove All Night (Hex Hector Extended)
7. Lara Fabian – I Will Love Again (Thunderpuss Club Mix)
8. Laura Pausini – I Surrender (Mike Rizzo Global Club Mixshow Edit)
9. Destiny’s Child – Independent Women Part I (Victor Calderone Club Mix)
10. Kristine W – Feel What You Want (Junior’s NY Xtended Vocal)
11. Whitney Houston – It’s Not Right But It’s Ok (Thunderpuss 2000 Mixshow)
12. Gloria Gaynor – I Will Survive 2013 (Pink Ribbon Club Mix)
13. Deborah Cox – Nobody’s Supposed to be Here (Hex Hector’s Club Mix)
14. Debby Holiday – Dive (Chis Cox Club Anthem)
15. Christina Aguilera – Beautiful (Peter Rauhofer Mixshow)
16. Angie Stone – Wish I Didn’t Miss You (Hex Hector & Mac Quayle Club Mix)
17. Anastacia – I’m Outta Love (Hex Hector Main Club Mix)
18. Bruce Roberts feat. Elton John & Kristine W – When The Money’s Gone (Warren Rigg Euro Mix)